Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Will 93 Kat 600 engine fit in 99 kat 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 93 Kat 600 engine fit in 99 kat 600?

I was on my way home last night and blew my motor, want to say it's because of my oil level. However I have a 93 kat 600 engine, and was wondering if it would fit in my 99, did a search before posting but got nothing

Sure will but, the pre doesn't have the speed sensor setup off the drive sprocket.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Pull the sprocket cover off and transfer it to the 93motor,problem should be solved...
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I Haagen the sprocket cover for the 93 already, so I should be good to go I'm assuming

Have**
        Last edited by StreetKat392; 09-19-2017, 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by StreetKat392 View Post
          I Haagen the sprocket cover for the 93 already, so I should be good to go I'm assuming

Have**
          you need to use the cover from the '99 motor and use the rotor that's on the front sprocket of the '99. also have to reuse the sensor.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

So the electronic speed sensor is a problematic "swap" with this scenario...

Can you swap the engine? Sure, easy thing. Works great.

The speed sensor though... not so easy. The Nut that is used by the electronic sensor is bolted into place into a threaded taped hole in the shaft. The pre wont' have that hole. Your gonna need special hardened drill bits, a really good steady hand on drilling that shaft, then tap the hole to thread it for the bolt. It's not an easy task with out good tools and good planning.

Alternatively... fitting an aftermarket setup would be easier to do... if you even run a speedo that isn't already a gps app.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Not trying to stir the pot but, I do not see where shaft drilling would be required. My shaft has a tapped hole already. It is the OE motor. I put a large washer and an Allen on it, for a safety backup.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                Not trying to stir the pot but, I do not see where shaft drilling would be required. My shaft has a tapped hole already. It is the OE motor. I put a large washer and an Allen on it, for a safety backup.
                Umm....

*goes and looks at the 3 pre engines sitting in the garage floor and sees all thread do have an already tapped hole... *...

No fracking clue why I thought they were not tapped.

Never mind.

BTW... not stirring any pots if your right.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No biggie, been there.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                  X