KOTM Apr 2009 greeneyedream

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics

Wiring and Electrics Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems

Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #1
Batman_89
Chicken Strip

Default Looking to install fans

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to install 1 or 2 fans up at the front of the 06 Katana in hopes of them helping with the oil cooling. I would like to have a stwitch to turn them on when im stuck in the stop and go traffic, and just turn them off when im on the highway/non stop and go. Anyone know how easy or hard this could be just because i don't know the best way to mount them and if they will cause any issues with my battery if i hopok directly to it.

Thanks again
Batman_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 AM   #2
92xjunker
Neo-Maxoid-Zoomed-Dweebie
Supporting Member

eBay ID: guysmustang

They tend to do more harm than good, as they are a permanent air blockage. A better choice would be using a synthetic oil, it can handle higher temps.
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:42 AM   #3
Batman_89
Chicken Strip

ya i put royal purple in it this spring (no idea what was originally in it as i only picked bike up last fall). Last year i was having trouble with overheating just one day tho when i got stuck in stop and go but it was never stopped long enough to turn off the bike. I just don't want to experience that again lol
Batman_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
shpielers
Kat Legend

Adjust the a/f screws to 2.5 turns out. That will richen the mixture a teeny bit, and that will help a small amount to keep the bike cooler.

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles
shpielers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
ZookRick
Tank Slapper

eBay ID: angelgear351

I installed a couple of high speed 12cm delta flow fans on mine with a switch on the handlebars and an oil temperature gauge. They really help the engine in heavy traffic IMHO. I turn them on and can watch the oil temp stop climbing then getting cooler. The fans are run through a relay switched by the ignition so no problem with forgetting to turn them off and draining the battery.
https://kosonorthamerica.com/shop/mo...e-thermometer/
ZookRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Wiring and Electrics