X

Picking out the right Chain&Sprocket kit brand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastern Bloc View Post
    As for wind noise, I have the Caberg Modus flip up and it's "terrible" when it comes to aerodynamic noise .. I need a flip up, and wish I'd gone for the Nolan N104 instead.
    Not to hijack but,
    I have never had a flip up and have never worn ear plugs. With that said I just picked up a Nolan N104 $314 from comp accessories. I love the helmet but I had to start wearing ear plugs. with the ear plugs I still have some wind noise. I did put standard bars on the bike so I am sitting more up in the wind now also.

Comment

Originally posted by raidinmd View Post
      I never had one, and with everything else that has been going on with my truck I just haven't had time or money to get it, also still not sure what chain guard fits mine

Any pre or post chain guard will work. There are some custom options out there as well if your interested.

No chain guard (near the rear wheel) will mean lots of fling on you and the bike.

My prior mention was that most of it would fling off under the sprocket cover though where the front sprocket goes. Generally that tight radius turn is where most of the excess flings off and collects.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'll pick up a OEM one next month. I noticed there was a ton of crap inside the old sprocket cover, nasty lookin.
        1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

or you can put on a rear hugger/chain gaurd....shamless for sale plug. lol. thats a great looking set of sprockets.
          do you do bandit sprockets gsxfjim?

Comment

Go hugger.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
              ...do you do bandit sprockets gsxfjim?
              Yes, not a problem.
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I ain't rich enough to go fancy with a hugger yet, a chain guard will do fine. once I adjust the valves and rebuild the forks I'm gonna have her painted stock blue again
                1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

Working...
                X