X

7/11 or 7/12 motors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/11 or 7/12 motors?

Can anybody help with info on buiding a GSXR 750 slingshot gearbox with a 1127 Kat motor or a 1157 Bandit motor? The Kat motor and Bandit motor share the same stroke lenth.

I plan to use the Bandit's barrels, pistons (1mm bigger bore) and carbs with the Kat's head and cams. Would like some info if it is possible to build this with the 750's 6 speed g'box.......
    Last edited by Matt Marais; 11-02-2011, 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's possible to build a 1052 with a slingshot box. It's my understanding that you need to do some machining to do it with an 1127. The 1052 and the short stroke 750's share the same cases. I believe you just have to swap out the clutch setup to get the 1052 crank to match up with the 750 transmission.

Fair warning: A lot of people that have done the 1052/6-speed setup will tell you that it's not worth it. Apparently the gears like to self-destruct under that much torque if you are hard on it.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/ most of the info you will ever need is there and if not can be derived between here and there.
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

The 750 6 speed box can not handle the power. I read that the 1400 6speed box does fit into the 1127 and 1157 casings, just swap over the selector drum as well. And it is geared slightly longer than the 1127 Katana box, where the 750 box is geared way shorter anyway. Would like to hear if anybody built this combo...

Comment

Working...
        X