X

recall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recall

Not sure if anyone is affected by this on here but I seen this article earlier today.

glad i have what i have

Comment

Yes, I did get a letter from Suzuki. Interesting how my local dealer told me that I am not to ride the bike due to the safety concerns, yet when I asked them how do they plan on picking my bike up, they said I would have to have it hauled or flat-bedded to them (at my expense). I fail to see how a manufacturer's safety recall, and apparently a potentially big one, falls on me to transport my bike to the dealer to correct. The kicker is the local dealer says they can't order the part until I bring the bike in and then, for lack of a better word, they confiscate it until they order the part and replace it (could be a couple of weeks).

So, I called another Suzuki dealer somewhat local and they ordered the part and said just ride the bike in and they will replace it in about 20 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty crappy that even though it's their bad you still have to pay to have it transported, or risk riding it there. Dodged a bullet though, 2000 Katana. Whew!
        sigpic

Ride the twisties!

2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Bullet parted my hair...2006 Kat.
          ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
          チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
          Semper Fi

Comment

My dad recieved a recall notice on his '08 C50T for this. He's still riding the bike while waiting for the dealership to get the new rectifier in.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

Rode mine after the letter, my dealer said they have never had an issue with that part before and were surprised by the recall. And i rode it to have it fixed, about an hour ride one way. Took them 15mins to fix. Not really a big deal.

Oh and new here, so hi!
              '08 GSX650F

Comment

I felt the wind off that one! 06'

Comment

Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X