No announcement yet.
X

Bike changes..a few pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like 2 rear tires...Which is what you may have to do if you stick with the 16" rims.

Comment

Adventure tires, looks like the front is over sized.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

My wheels are 17" !!

Comment

Go look online for 17" rubber then....Kenda & Shinko both have something for the front & rear for dual sports.

Comment

What's the minimum safe gap between fork and tyre ? The Kat in the pic looks close, looking at the size of the front tyre !!

Comment

That's up to you. I'd like to see at least 1/2" on each side. What happens if you go around a tight turn and the tire flexes and rubs on the fork?

But hey...it's YOUR face

Comment

It wil flex at the road, not the forks. 10-13mm gap seems safe
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Kinda curious as to what that can is for...looks I guess.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

The knobby tyres that are available in the UK are 120/90 x 17 or 120/70 x 17 which only give a clearance of a few millimetres each side !! Probably due to the 'knobbliness' of the tyres.

Comment

If you can get 6.5-8mm clearance you may be fine..even if you did rub it wouldn't rub long as the knobbies would wear down..
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Knobbies don't last long on the street...so don't think you'll get a great return on your money. This means like 2000-4000 miles for most 50/50s. I go through this with my KLR...and it's like 35hp on a good day. Figure less mileage for your bike.

Also...watch the speed rating on them as they aren't designed for 100mph+ bonzai runs. They'll explode and you'll have a bad day.

Comment

Swamp Thing rides again...

Don't take offense...yow!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                          X