No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode mine to the Honda shop to try to get info on the 09 VFR, I think she might be on to me...
    Then to work. And tomorrow I will ride her home, and maybe clean the chain, or maybe head out to the Triumph dealership, and see how badly they want rid of the 4 Sprints they supposedly have sitting on the sales floor.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I washed her, as I just got back from a 477 mile roud trip.

ordered a new smoked windscreen.
      2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
      Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

Road to class..then the house..and then to work and back. Alot of riding everyday for me.
        "There are two types of riders...old riders and crazy riders, but there are no old crazy riders." - Danny

Comment

Originally posted by mrwhipper View Post
          I rode mine to work and back.
          x2
          97 GSX600 w/ 9,363mi = $300 (Deal of the century)
          94.5whp on a Dyno Dynamics

Comment

Did the usual 30 min commute to work and got caught behind a school bus which made it more like 40 mins. . . . .

Comment

Because I'm headed to Atlanta in the morning on her, I bought a new duffle bag/tail bag for her. It's actually a duffle bag that'll hold a LOT more stuff than the smaller tail bag that came with my Fieldsheer set up. I packed a bunch of crap in the bag and got on the freeway for a lil spin to see if the bungee cords were doing a good job of holding her down. All went well and it looks good!! The bag now also serves as a backrest, I packed a small pillow in the front part of the bag.
              I also lubed the cleaned/lubed the chain and topped off the oil.
              Attached Files
              [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Catcha23 View Post
                Because I'm headed to Atlanta in the morning on her

How many bikes are going? have a great trip. From Atlanta you are only a short ride (2.5 hours) away from barber http://barbermuseum.org/ If you can, I recomend you go check it out!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Thx for all the info guys. As I'm looking out the window and packing at the same time at 400 am EST, the downpour and gusty winds have swayed my decision from riding the bike ($110 est. gas total rdtrp) to driving my Lincoln Navigator ($320 est. gas total rd trp)

What can I say, I'm still a noubie and the whole standing water on the road thing scares the crap outta me. I understand that you have to use common sense when driving in the rain, but in order to get there safe and not get drenched in the process (even tho I have good rain gear), I will navigate through the rain in my gas guzzling monster!! The 5-day forecast currently has it raining everyday in Atlanta w/ scattered thunderstorms and rain anyway, so what the heck. Unless something changes in the next 2 hours, I'll be parking the bike I was really looking forward to the ride to, oh well, stuff happens.

If it wasn't for Ike and has cousins tearing through Cuba and Florida, this wouldn't be an issue. The thing that's going to tick me off is that when I drive down, I won't go through any heavy rains on thunderstorms.... that would really blow!!
                  [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Rode her to work, then home and spoilt her to some fresh oil and brake flued.

Tok

Comment

Rode to work and it looks like I will be riding home in the rain. So I got my Kat dirty today.
                      sigpic

RIP CP
                      50th Anniv R6
                      95 Katana 600
                      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

cleaned her carbs, connected most of her wiring harness, and then stared at some parts in boxes wondering where they go........my Kat is a new bike in a box purchase....but she will run again and soon!

Comment

Looked at the pig all stripped down waiting for float gaskets to come in to put her back together ... sigh... again...
                          sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                          '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                          '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

rode to work and back...pretty much like i do everyday...only this morning was in the rain...been awhile since it rained around here

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Walked past it on the way to my car, feeling pleased with myself for having bought a rain cover at the weekend so at least it's not getting soaked in today's downpours.

Also, began to get excited about the tail pack I bought off eBay which should be here tomorrow. Little things please little minds, huh?

Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
                                I looked at mine sitting in the garage. Just didn't have the opportunity to ride. Probably tomorrow.
                                +1

and for tomorrow

I looked at mine sitting in the garage. Just didn't have the opportunity to ride. Probably tomorrow.
                                +1

and just to be sure i cover the day after too

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X