No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not too worried about it right now, i have a brand new set of tires i bought for the 16" rims. Im gonna order another new front tire and run it for awhile as is with the 17/16 combo. Its easy to get the rear tires in 16 and pretty cheap too.

here is the windsheild i made and the one i cut it from. Literally cost me nothing.
    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-23-2017, 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

Man looking at that front end from this angle, it makes me think its going to bottom out unless you get some stiff springs. While your at it, move your horn to give more clearance.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

With sag set i cant get it to bottom out even with the rebound adjusters all the way loose on the top and bottom, they were drag racing the bike that had these on it. I may actually need weaker springs for it.

Comment

Lucky you are !
          I'm wondering what size those forks are now...(diameter/mm wise).
          The triple trees alone may allow for different brand bike forks to fit...Yamaha, Honda, etc...

Comment

I wanna say 42 mm....

Comment

this is the suspension set. The dark blue line is maxed out, the light blue line is the sag setting. Its about 1 1/4" play.

Comment

Not a big issue with the fork swap but the guage cluster has to be moved back with the lower clipons. My cluster was only held on with one bolt so i needed to figure out something anyways.... just curious, my odometer reads in kilometers. The odometer matches for the 1100.... is everyones like this? Is it off of a canadian model? The frame and title dont state canadian.

Comment

My clip-ons didn't require moving the gauges. It may be because either your triple tree is spaced differently, or the gauges are different.
                  My gauges are stock MPH.

Comment

digging thru my parts i found an old yoshi starter cover. It fits the 600! So score! These were super strong upgrades in their day.

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
                    My clip-ons didn't require moving the gauges. It may be because either your triple tree is spaced differently, or the gauges are different.
                    My gauges are stock MPH.
                    Guage uses mph/kph. But the odometer is either waaaay off or its in kilometers lol. The front headlight bracket is bent, its causing the spacing issue
                    Last edited by Mrontime; 07-25-2017, 08:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

starting to be pretty sexy. I did find the 1990 front fender that goes with the forks also.

Comment

Mine's in miles. Nice find on the cover, the OEM one is...weak.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                          Mine's in miles. Nice find on the cover, the OEM one is...weak.
                          Thanks, ive had it for like a decade and never knew what it went to. I found it looking for the fender the other day along with a spare starter and generator, wiring harness ect. Ect. When i held it up i was like..... bingo. I love absolete period correct aftermarket stuff.... its the kinda in the know touches i search for and lose sleep about.

Comment

The 17" rear rim will not work with the 1100 rear swingarm that i have without some fab work. I will still see if the swingarm will swap over when i swap the rear shock. But with items as crucial as the swingarm and forks, if it doesnt just wanna bolt right up i really dont feel comfy making it fit and then trusting my life on it.... also it stands to be noted that out of 4 suzukis in my yard currently, 3 are having major rear swingarm fab work or replacement due to cracks. The 1100 however seems to have a pretty rock solid swingarm unless you guys know something i dont. On the oem cover i replaced it had hairline cracks from the starter hole all the way around the radius of the suzuki emblem area.
                            Last edited by Mrontime; 07-27-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

The GSXR and Bandit 1200 wheels will bolt up !
                              I used my Katana 1100 hub on Bandit 1200 wheel, which is basically the same as the GSXR. I put 2 washers on the right hand side between the swingarm and brake caliper bracket. I also spaced the caliper with a 2 washers per bolt. Of course you'll need just a little bit longer bolt for the brake caliper. As for the brake torque arm, I just hammered the brace until the tire cleared the tire. The actual spacing specs are in my 17" swap thread in my signature. "shpielers" also did about the same thing on his rear wheel swingarm. I'll take that Yoshi cover as payment
                              EDIT: My swap...pics might be broken due to crappy photobucket.
                              See post #1 and #3

Info & discussions about our Big Brothers - the 1100 Kats
                              Last edited by katanarider; 07-27-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Something to look at, if you don't plan on fabbing an arm.
                                The post Katana wheels are a direct swap on the rear. It's a full inch wider than the pre Katana rear wheel and puts down a hell of a lot more traction.

If you hammer the break arm you can squeeze a 170/60 /zf17

You'll need the the corresponding rotor but it's an easy and cheap mod.

I did it when I swapped the 1216 bandit engine in mine, I couldn't get traction with the torque of the new motor. I don't have any problems with it after putting the post Katana rim on.

This should also work for certain years of gsxr's but there wheels tend to be more expensive.
                                Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
                                The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

Working...
                                X