2002 Kat Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Kat Build

Hey Guys!
    I'm still working on my bike and it's coming along nicely..all plastics and the gas tank are primedd and prepped for their final coats of paint. I plan on doing the final coat once the carbs are on and its up and running smoothly and they're all synched. That way once that's all done, I can paint the plastics and put them right on and be done with it.
    Full Price breakdown of parts if anyone is interested:

Mechanical
    Pirelli Angel GT Sport Touring Front Tire
    $121.99
    - Rear Tire
    $169.99
    KG Clutch Factory - Pro Friction Disc set
    $80.95
    KG Clutch Factory - High Performance Springs
    $14.95
    Motion Pro Clutch Cable
    $12.60
    K&N Performance Oil Filter
    $12.99
    Ivan's Performance Jet Kit
    $130.00

Appearance
    Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen
    $94.95
    Motion Pro Clutch Lever
    $8.99
    Motion Pro Brake Lever
    $18.79

Misc.
    Wheels Hydrodipping
    $140.00
    Carb Rebuild by Arsenic
    Est. $350.00
    Total:
    $1156.2

This is my price list so far excluding things like gear, bar ends, frame sliders and spools. Once everything is purchased and I have receipts I'll be looking at around $1800.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
    ~Author Unknown

No pictures...

Comment

It won't let me!
      ~Author Unknown

Comment

So after all of this work I'm planning on doing a Bandit 1200 swap over the course of the next two years and basically overhauling every piece of this bike and truly making it my own. I plan on keeping it for a very long time and just adapting it to whatever I may want.

So be on the lookout for a good running Kat engine for sale over the next year.
        Last edited by fury8793; 04-17-2015, 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        ~Author Unknown

Comment

Waiting for the carbs to come from arsenic, built myself a DIY Carb sync tool and will be finishin the mechanics this upcoming weekend. Oil change, clean the frame, chain and sand blast my sprocket.
          ~Author Unknown

Comment

Pic upload is off at the moment. I don't get the half ass sync tool, when you're going threw with so much. It's not that much and you WILL use it many times.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I hope the function is back soon..
              ~Author Unknown

Comment

He got the carbs back from me by the way. I'm quick, like a bunny.

Comment

You are fast! I can't wait to get home and open up the package, it will be like Christmas!
                  Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  He got the carbs back from me by the way. I'm quick, like a bunny.
                  ~Author Unknown

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

In need of assistance guys! I posted my pictures on photobucket and I have a few questions, do I have the throttle linkages hooked up correctly? The choke cable seems to not be hooked up correctly but it functions..it was a debacle for several minutes and caused some head scratching. It is in fact a motion pro cable but I would assume the hook ups would be the similar regardless if it was aftermarket or OEM. Two two rubber T's in between the carbs, which hoses go there and where do they go to? I wasn't around for this initial tear down and everything is a mess as to what went where because no one remembers so it's making it a pain. All of the electronics work and the new starter turns over great!
                    ~Author Unknown

Comment

Choke cable hooked up wrong, need the spring on the other side of that little tab.
                      Picture 3 the tube in between the carbs hooks up to a linger tube that drapes over the air box, it's a vent line.

Throttle linkages look ok, but kinda hard to tell. I'm looking on a teeny phone screen.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I figured as much with the choke cable, nothing about it seemed right but I figured the Katriders community was my best bet. See what everyone else has to say about the linkages, they seem correct, I had them marked prior to tearing everythi g down.
                        ~Author Unknown

Comment

the hoses on those two tees just drape over the air box. They are just vent hoses, they don't connect to anything.

Comment

Thanks again arsenic, I figured as much but I'm glad to have some reassurance with this right now. It's greatly appreciated and needed..
                            ~Author Unknown

Comment

Just keep following the thread for Photobucket updates, will post more links to my library tonight when I upload the sanded and primed fairings and other various odds and ends. I'll take better pictures of the linkages this week whenever I get to go see my bike, probably whenever the rest of my parts come.
                              ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X