Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome builds

Comment

hey man any progress? Did you open that box yet? lol

I really only need the header collars, I ended up buying a used B12 alt off ebay.
      1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
      fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
      55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
      R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
      Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

It's good to see my old 750 put to good use glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeddi03 View Post
          It's good to see my old 750 put to good use glad it worked out for you.
          thanks alot! shes holding up great.

getting heavy into the dental ceramics and i just haven't found the time to finish the tail yet. second time ever fiberglassing so still learning as i go. luckily i passed the hardest part in the process and now theres not a whole lot to do left except build, sand, primer

Last edited by Fkat; 06-07-2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

for more comfortable riding i'm going to see how this rig is going to work out(ill need an extended front brake line):

when i take apart the front to test fit bars, im going to bronze weld a steering damper on, not that itll find much practical use with most of my riding, but because i can. hopefuly i do get to the track, though

back to caressing my tail fairing into the late night. almost complete. trying to keep this my #1 priority. im glad i didn't know how much time fiberglassing it up from scratch would take cause i never woulda done it. looks to be worth it though. this christmas break gives me ample time to finish.
            Last edited by Fkat; 12-20-2013, 11:45 PM.

Comment

what tank bag is that?>

Comment

Originally posted by c-rod90 View Post
                what tank bag is that?>
                alpinestars tech aero.. i had an icon urban tank bag that was great for a year but fell apart(magnet holder flaps wore away being in contact with the tank). so far ive used this bag 3 months and its been perfect. no signs of wearing. its weather proof and will extend to be much taller. tons of space even with a 16" laptop in it, but thats about its limits for laptops.

the bottom portion that includes the magnet holding flaps can be zipped off and is a large clear pouch great for maps. and the top portion doubles as a backpack
                Last edited by Fkat; 12-21-2013, 12:06 AM.

Comment

time to sand filler sand and paint
                  Last edited by Fkat; 05-29-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

She ain't pretty but she's functional
                    Last edited by Fkat; 10-03-2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Looks good!
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

How was the swap with the 06 GSXR forks?
                        First motorcycle - new project
                        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
                          How was the swap with the 06 GSXR forks?
                          very easy. just buy the custom spec stem bearings + top race(bottom race is same if i recall correctly). the aggressively angled stock gsxr handlebars will make the stock kat master cylinder very cock-eyed

Comment

Originally posted by Fkat View Post
                            very easy. just buy the custom spec stem bearings + top race(bottom race is same if i recall correctly). the aggressively angled stock gsxr handlebars will make the stock kat master cylinder very cock-eyed
                            Glad to hear. I want to swap an entire front end. Do you happen to remember what the specs are for the bearing? Is it just a replacement to fit the kat stem?
                            First motorcycle - new project
                            1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
                              Glad to hear. I want to swap an entire front end. Do you happen to remember what the specs are for the bearing? Is it just a replacement to fit the kat stem?

im headed to work so i don't have time to look it up until the morning. but if you search for fork swap threads its somewhere around here. its sold as a complete set made for the swap on the site i got it from

Comment

So... when is the wider rear tire coming?

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X