Katana of the Month - June 2007 - UPSMAN

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks

Pics and Flicks Share your motorcycle pics and videos here.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #21
ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE
Kat Daddy

eBay ID: mopar2mugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil823 View Post
carbed ;(.... there was a WHOLE EFI forsale in the BST....i pondered the idea lol

efi isnt in my low budget build , i plan on running only 7psi, (10psi at the 1320, maybe) so no need for efi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by streebs93 View Post
I honestly havent ridden anything fast enough to be "scared" of yet... the 1216 was a big step in the right direction, but it just wasnt as much as I had hoped... A 1530 kit? I assume thats not stock cylinders then huh? Still make way more power with a water-cooled motor anyway...
yeah, you'd have to get a APE Cyl. and then resleeved, forged carrillo rods, notch the case to for rod clearance, serious head work, and a big wallet, oh and it wont be streetable, then a rear rim swap cause that 3.5" you got on there would get destroyed...lol

OK....Got quite a bit done this weekend

first was getting the couplers i got too fit, the plumbing couples are perfect for the 36mm carbs and my 2" outlets on my plenum, but they have to be modified cause there way to long

taking a hobby knife and following the inside clap recess makes them the perfect size

being that there 3/16 thick, a slight notch has to be made to clear the carb rack bracket that holds all four carbs together

and then they'll look something like this

Now for something that has nothing to do with the turbo setup:
i needed a few parts from the hardware store and they were closed so i couldnt do anymore on the build saturday night so i built another extended swing arm, i went 11" over, its still not done but thought id toss a few pics in there. i still have to make a lower brace, sleeving the extension pieces with 14ga sheet metal, oil catch can and battery box in it, yes the battery is getting mounted in the swing arm cause the turbo and piping took up all the room...lol

SUNDAY:

so today i hammered on it pretty good, got the turbo mounted where i wanted it, downpipe and exhaust done, and the mid pipe....so i got a full vance and hines supersport for sale if anyone wants it, cause im not gonna cut up an aftermarket exhaust.....

thats a jardine slip-on, was on my xb12s, fits the kat pretty good

Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 10-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
loudnlow7484
Kat Legend

Looking good! : I think the 11" stretch might be a little extreme, though. I don't think there is any way that you could get enough traction to necessitate an 11" stretch.
Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.
loudnlow7484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #23
thelsdj
Squid

looks amaxzing
thelsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #24
RedKat91
Tank Slapper

subscribed!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #25
jbgarretson
Poser

Whered you tap into the block for turbo oil cooling or did you t off the stock oil cooler?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #26
streebs93
Knee Dragger

eBay ID: Streebs93

the more i see you doing this, the more i dont want to lol. Im thinkin its gonna be either an 09 VMAX or a healthy shot o' spray for the kat next spring...

On a side note...Can you make a 5 in over swingarm for me?? Id like to widen it as well, to fit a 5.5 rear.

Sorry for the thread jack....carry on as you were
streebs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #27
ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE
Kat Daddy

adam just pm me and well talk. im actually gonna run the 6" gsxr1k/busa rear rim.

I know 11" was a bit much but the bike is gonna be a toy not a dd

so today i fitted up the intake plenum and mocked up the pitot lines to the carbs...im working 70hrs this week so not much is gonna change from tonight until probably sunday....and i still have to order the malpassi 1:1 fpr

be patient this is my winter project after all...sh!t the way it going ill be able to ride it before snow fall...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgarretson View Post
Whered you tap into the block for turbo oil cooling or did you t off the stock oil cooler?

look at the first portion of my post..cant miss the ss line and the -4AN fitting

Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 10-25-2010 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM   #28
jbgarretson
Poser

I have to say that this thing is sic!!!! Hope to get to see it in person one day.
jbgarretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #29
ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE
Kat Daddy

so this week made some progress, made the oil dump tube (.625" o.d./.560" i.d hot rolled tubing) Forming it sucked with a propane torch, but the end result was pretty good with minimal flat spots and no kinks. i think if i were to of packed the tube with sand i would have gotten a perfect mandrel, but im happy with it. its more than enough dia.

i had the flange cut at work on the laser

yesterday and today i painstakenly made the charge pipe. when you have two ports at different angles, different heights, and different diameters, and about a 4'' window of room shthings become a headache, but i managed to make it work even making a port on the pipe for the blow off valve...its super tight, everything has to slide in a certain way, and couplers need to go on in a certain sequense....not looking forward having to take it off again.....and again.

and a couple fitment teasers

im gonna hammer out on the swingarm this weekend, i made a awsome looking rear brake arm, but not gonna post it until the swingarm is done. wanna beable to take the swingarm to work on monday and shot blast it and have it powder coated in two weeks.......stay tuned

Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 11-03-2010 at 08:23 PM..
Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
jbgarretson
Poser

kawasaki tail looks nice!
jbgarretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks