No announcement yet.
X

98+ Race Windscreen *LOTSA PICS*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya thanks that looks awesome. The side profile of the bike looks so much better with that windshield. The stock windshield reminds me of seeing someone who is wearing a ball cap with the beak flipped up......just wrong!

Comment

I'm just wondering about clreance issues with the master cyclinder on the 750. The bars are an inch taller on the 750 then the 600.
      does anyone know if the stock or aftermarket ex500 screen will clear the bars/controls?
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Very Good ? Bro I was looking and wondering the same thing
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I'm getting my dad's old stock screen from the EX500 he had...gonna try it...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Kool Ted , let me know how it works out . Are you thinking on cutting it high or low like Joe did ? Do you think a roto-zip would cut it w/ o cracking the screen or just use a dremel tool ?
            sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

hardlydangerous - not sure on the clearance issues but I have SV650 brakes on mine with a remote reservoir which sticks up quite a bit more than the stock MC. No clearance issues at all. At the closest point I have at least 2 inches between the reservoir and the screen. Not 100% sure but I think you'd be OK with the 750.

waveman - I did cut mine with a Dremel but used a spiral cutting bit to do it with so for all practical purposes it was a Roto-Zip. The first version I cut with a normal grinding bit which works fine but gets hot and essentially melts the plastic. Works fine but a bit messy though great for erotic fantasies if you're into candle wax. Not my cup of tea personally. Spiral cutter was much better. Mine is a stock screen mind you. Not sure how a spiral cutter would work for an acrylic based aftermarket screen.

Good luck to all trying this out.

Joe

P.S. - Be careful with those damn spiral cutters if you use one. I took a thumbnail off with one about a year ago. Hurt like hell.
              If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

ok guys fixed my screen and painted it and got tons more pics..

here she is all fixed up on top the stock screen..

Now this section is for the guys with clearance issue questions...
                This first one is when the master cylinder is the closest during turning.

now my handle bar mounts are cut about 5/16 lower than stock as you can see here.

here is a shot at full lock

For someone with stock 600 mounts it would be aprox. 1 3/16 to 1 1/2 inches clearance at min clearance. Now there may be more room to be had with some adjusting. i have the screen as low as possible, and my master cyl. could move in a little more towards the center of steering maybe making some more room.

so i dont know how much higher and if the bars are angled forward or rearward for the 750 so you take what ive shown you and make you own decisions on that

Enjoy!
                Last edited by seabass10369; 04-27-2008, 03:13 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Umm. I love the upgrade. But I got to ask it looks alittle too curved for the bike. Does it look that way in person.
                  sigpic
                  Update Jul 11 2014
                  Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Looks great
                    Bike is sold

Comment

it does have a lil extra curve that i tried to flatten out... but in person its really not bad i like it much more than the stock screen for look. but the wind protection just isnt there anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am really liking this look! I did the samething with my forks before going to the busa forks which will sit the bike at the same height
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by seabass10369 View Post
                          it does have a lil extra curve that i tried to flatten out... but in person its really not bad i like it much more than the stock screen for look. but the wind protection just isnt there anymore.
                          I like it a whole lot more also. I was just worrying if I could heat it up... Aww IDK. I like it better then stock. But I would have to but the stock one back on for long trips
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
                            I like it a whole lot more also. I was just worrying if I could heat it up... Aww IDK. I like it better then stock. But I would have to but the stock one back on for long trips
                            yeah i hear yeah the way i did it using all fasnters will allow an easy 5 min change out between screens, no rewiretying.

I am really liking this look! I did the samething with my forks before going to the busa forks which will sit the bike at the same height
                            if your talking about my bike being lowered than thats not what i was referring to in my prev post the actual "clip on" was milled down to sit the bars a lil lower, just so that clears it up for everyone else
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if I can do this mod to a pre?!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

My tinted stock replacement will definitely be going back on if I go for a ride any more than about 100 miles. This screen gives the bike a sleeker look for certain, but absolutely zero wind protection. I felt the wind buffeting against my helmet most of my ride today...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X