center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
    Hey Cyber Poet,

How do I fit this thing to my 97 if Quick decides to sell it to me???????
    Get him to take some pics of the assembly before he disassembles it. Basically, it's a bolt, a nut, a spring or two and the stand itself. I haven't played with one on the pre-98's, so I'm not sure if the set-up has changed.

KNOW THIS:
    For some aftermarket exhausts, the center stand has to come off.
    For some aftermarket exhausts, you need to drop the exhaust to install the center stand.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hey,
      to install it, I have some pics if u need em.
      It was harder than I thought, because I was only expecting a stand and bolt. but whenyou take out all the pieces, and look at them you can logically picture where they sit.

BTW,
      its near impossible to get the spring on with only ur hands, I used a long flat head screwdriver as a lever to pull the spring on with

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
        Hey,
        to install it, I have some pics if u need em.
        It was harder than I thought, because I was only expecting a stand and bolt. but whenyou take out all the pieces, and look at them you can logically picture where they sit.
        I would appreciate the pics. Any help is always welcome help. Thanks to KR, my bike is getting closer and closer to being done. Man, what a great site and a great bunch of people on here. Very proud to be a part of it all!
        If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
          Hey Cyber Poet,

How do I fit this thing to my 97 if Quick decides to sell it to me???????
          Get him to take some pics of the assembly before he disassembles it. Basically, it's a bolt, a nut, a spring or two and the stand itself. I haven't played with one on the pre-98's, so I'm not sure if the set-up has changed.

KNOW THIS:
          For some aftermarket exhausts, the center stand has to come off.
          For some aftermarket exhausts, you need to drop the exhaust to install the center stand.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Thanks for the info Cyber Poet, I will keep that in mind. Hopefully I wont have to loose my V&H SS2R, but if I do I will find something to replace it with
          If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

LOL Well CyberPoet I weighed the centerstand with bolts, springs, etc. It weighed in at 4lb 1oz Hardly worth the time it took to take it off. I was really hoping for something closer to 10lb. Oh well.

I have no idea what the chicken caught in net is for I just couldn't resist
            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

lol, well i guess slightly deranged wont be getting that stand

Comment

i posted in another thread but i'll say it again.

i removed my center stand - got a long threaded rod that i could
                put in on the left side - slipped a nut on the right side WITHOUT removing the mid pipe. putting the threaded rod on took forever - so i got an SAE rod and drilled out the threads on the mounts that are on the frame. now
                i slide the rod in put a nut on it and it's installed.

good for working on it - but i leave it off for looks.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                  i posted in another thread but i'll say it again.

i removed my center stand - got a long threaded rod that i could
                  put in on the left side - slipped a nut on the right side WITHOUT removing the mid pipe. putting the threaded rod on took forever - so i got an SAE rod and drilled out the threads on the mounts that are on the frame. now
                  i slide the rod in put a nut on it and it's installed.

good for working on it - but i leave it off for looks.

tim
                  That's a great idea.
                  '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

I love the centerstand. Especialy with kids running around my garage. i just feel saper with the bike on it.

Comment

it's still there I was going to take it off when I put on my slip on but I think I'll keep it for now or this weekend it looks different daily so....
                      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

One of the first things I noticed about my 'Busa was NO CENTERSTAND!

At least it saved me from having to adopt WillDeezy!

We were at Palomar and I was telling him how hard I struggle with the damn thing. He walks over and has it up in .003 seconds. With a smarta** smirk, no less!
                        sigpic

Comment

I would not get rid of mine, I use it to much. Lube the chain, wax the bike, wash the bike, taking the plastics off, working on the bike, No thanks. And remember, its not so much about puching back and lifting on the bike, as it is about stepping down and putting weight on the stand foot peg. Put the weight on it, and up it comes. Of course I am a fat SOB, so maybe it is easier for me! :P
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            I would not get rid of mine, I use it to much. Lube the chain, wax the bike, wash the bike, taking the plastics off, working on the bike, No thanks. And remember, its not so much about puching back and lifting on the bike, as it is about stepping down and putting weight on the stand foot peg. Put the weight on it, and up it comes. Of course I am a fat SOB, so maybe it is easier for me! :P
                            I'm a skinny SOB , and it's a breeze for me , too . Find the right technique and it's a breeze .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I took my center stand off and put it back on everytime I clean the bike. It really is not that much of a pain unless you misplace the bolts or something. It takes 5 minute to put it on and take it off.
                              Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                              "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Bought my bike used with a Yoshi exhaust = no centerstand. Have been struggling for two months with jack stands to do maintenance.

My race stand is shipping from Germany, arrivíng any day now

like everybody said, if you take it off don't get rid of it as it will be needed sooner or later...
                                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X