X

gsxr headlight swap into pre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    You do know they make one, for a Katana you can bolt right on right?
    Who is they? I wanna put that in my pre.... Link plz!!!!
    1991 Katana 750 (Red) (sold)
    2007 GSXR 600

Comment

I'm also interested in who makes that bolt-in lighting

Comment

Wagner Plastic Technologies

Comment

hmmm would that bolt-on headlight there go alright with the posts as well?
          2001 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by sekter View Post
            hmmm would that bolt-on headlight there go alright with the posts as well?
            No. Pre's and post headlights don't interchange.

Comment

ahh i see, thanks. been looking around for a set up id like that will work well with the posts.
              2001 GSX600F

Comment

The posts are their own animal. Just like a car headlight, they have the clear lens glued to the body with reflectors inside. I have yet to see any real aftermarket for them other then custom lights with fairing mods.

Comment

I see, ya I was mainly thinking of if the fairings were to come off, then for some type of other assembly to be put on the front end that would have different lights and the gauges etc..
                  2001 GSX600F

Comment

Well, the lights are in. I have some work to do on these to fit the way i want them to. Major rework of the box then refit the lens, I test fit the light, should be very clean when done. Fairing mod should be a simple cut, mold, reshape by heat and pressure then repaint. Will post back when i figure out how im going to mod the light housing.
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by sekter View Post
                      I see, ya I was mainly thinking of if the fairings were to come off, then for some type of other assembly to be put on the front end that would have different lights and the gauges etc..
                      \
                      Well, if you aren't doing fairings, and are comfortable fabbing brackets, then the sky is the limit.

Comment

I wish it was that easy... Just started fab on light all torn down and cut up, pre fitted into the stay, looks like it will fit, going to temp assemble and dry fit. question though, the light assembly has dual low and high beam, should i install relays. I'm not sure the lighting system can handle two lamp load.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Heads up, what do you think? 75% done..
                          Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:12 AM.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

I think it'll be unique...... keep going. The nose cone is going to take some modding to achieve round duals....but I can see it.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

The light as you see it, will be the finished product. I'm not going for round duals. The fairings will be modded to fit the light shape, which is only going to be the clear portion. the reflectors will be reset back 3/4" into the housing. I will mount the fairings and post pics soon
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-17-2012, 10:39 PM.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Personally..... I wouldn't shave the upper and lower two corners and try to blend it in to a rounded look. But, I think you're onto something good.
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X