Memorial Services for The Cyberpoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Services for The Cyberpoet

Originally posted by siren451 View Post
    Planning to have the memorial service on Friday, Oct 9th or Saturday Oct 10th. I want to make sure everyone who wants to attend can, so let me know it you prefer one day or the other. It will be held at Honeymoon Island State Park on the dog beach, one of his favorite places to go with me. More details will follow as they are figured out.

I will be checking back here to determine which day it better for everyone. Thanks
    -Paula
    Paula has asked folks to chime in on the day most would be available.

If you are able to attend, please let her know your preference here: http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1824350
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Memorial Gathering Details:

Marc S. A. Glasgow (aka the Cyberpoet) born September 23, 1965 died in a fatal motorcycle accident September 20, 2009 just days before his 44th birthday. In honor of his wishes and his all around nature, he was cremated and his ashes will be returned to the primordial abyss. A memorial gathering will be held in his honor on October 10, 2009, at 2:00pm at Honeymoon Island State Park dog beach (directions and link to google map to the park are below and signs will be posted to direct attendees to the exact gathering place on the beach). He loved to take me and our dogs out to the beach and enjoy the sunset, so I thought this would be an apropos location to hold the service and disperse his remains. Anyone can attend. We will gather at 2:00pm... once everyone has arrived there will be a time of remembrance, where those who wish to say a few words can do so. I will then say a few words about Marc and his friends. Finally, I and a few close friends will ride out on a boat to scatter his remains. If you are interested in joining me on the boat please let me know. I can't promise you will be included, but I will make that decision based on what I think Marc would want. At this point, others can either wait on the beach until we return or continue on to the next event. Any fellow motorcyclists in attendance can then proceed with the memorial ride (please refer to the katrider.com website for details on the memorial ride). Everyone is also invited to attend a celebration of his life, which will be held at Jason Wojick's home in Hudson, Florida, starting around 6:00pm. Directions to Jason Wojick's home from Honeymoon Island State Park are below. His address is 10414 Kim Lane, Hudson, Fl 34669 if you want to look it up on Google. A map to his home will also be included on the memorial keepsake we will be distributing at the beach gathering. For motorcyclists participating in a memorial ride, there are several paths that can be taken if you all want to begin the ride at Honeymoon Island beach and end at Jason's place. . Food and drinks will be provided at the celebration of life gathering.

In addition, I am designing a t-shirt in memory of Marc that will be available on cafepress.com for purchase. If anyone is interested, email me and I will send a link to the page where it can be purchased.

We are trying to make arrangements to video tape the memorial gathering events as well, for those who can not attend.

Honeymoon Island State Park
    Directions: Honeymoon Island State Park is located at the extreme west end of S.R.586, north of Dunedin. From I-75 (north of Tampa): I-75 south to I-275 south towards Tampa. Follow I-275 south to Hillsborough Ave west (SR-580). Take SR 580 west to SR-586 fork then left. Follow SR-586 into park. From I-75 (south of Tampa): I-75 north to I-4. I-4 to I-275 north. I-275 to Hillsborough Ave west (SR-580). SR-580 west to SR-586 fork then left. Follow SR-586 west into park.
    View Google Map: http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=28.06075589570,-82.81878038290&ll=28.060771,-82.818718&spn=0.075135,0.171661
    1 Causeway Blvd. Dunedin, FL
    727-469-5942

Honeymoon Island State Park to Jason Wojick's Home for Celebration of Life Gathering
    10414 Kim Lane, Hudson, Fl 34669
    Take Dunedin Causeway from Park. Continue on Curlew Road to US 19 N. Take US 19 North (Left) to State Road 52. Turn Right on State Road 52 past Little Road to Hicks Road. Make a Left on Hicks Road. Take the second Right, Chestnut Road. Take a Right on Kim Lane. Jason's is the 4th house on the Left.

If anyone has any questions, Please do not hesitate to call me (Paula) 813-910-1500.

Comment

Working...
    X