Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Neons/Leds which colors accent which colors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neons/Leds which colors accent which colors?

Ok folks I have been toying about getting either LEDs or neon for my bike and for my camaro. My question is what leds accents which colors the best?

For example:

What colors accent yellow the best (amber? orange? purple?)
    What about red? (Red? Blue? amber?)

the car is a darker red and the bike is yellow. that is why i ask.. I have my opinions but wanted to get others' thoughts.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

cant go wrong with good ol' color theory

the colors directly across from each other on the outer ring are complimentry and work very well together. Red is tough because its compliment is green (things get christmas'y' real quick), I would go with red neon on a red vehicle. As for the bike a nice blue-ish purply color would look nice

Comment

I will always say that LEDs are better than Neon. They are more durable and drain less juice from your battery. As far as color, I love white LEDs with red paint and think purple goes great with yellow. There are so many options with LEDs. You can get color changing kits, that way if you like more than one color, you choose which one you like at the moment. Good luck, cannot wait to see what you choose.
      Why bother doing anything if you cannot
      "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

leds are nice but on a car the neon is cheaper

so what you are saying is that i should choose a color that is the same as the bike or a direct compliment to the color..

Ie. on the bike it should either use yellow or purple.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Where are you guys looking at getting your LED's from? I would like to do a price comparison as well. Trick Tape has the neon's I was looking at, and that is like 40 bucks for 2 tubes.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I bought a set off of ebay that had 4 tubes and a remote. Changes colors also. I haven't put it on the bike other than to make sure it all worked. Really bright, I can see if the same dude is selling anymore on ebay and send you the item #.
            "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
            -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
            -DMX

Comment

Did you get Color Changing NEONs? I did not know those existed. If so, what brand are they. If they are LEDs, are they EuroEffect? Your right, neons are cheaper. No matter what you choose, I am sure you will do good.
              "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Nope, they are color changing led's. It just looked like for the amount of space I am gonna be working with, led's were the better option. I was actually suprised at how much light they do put out.
                "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

I have Color Change LEDs that I got from www.EuroEffects.net and I love them. They were really cheap too. My remote was in my jacket when it was stolen, so now I have to buy a new kit. I am looking at either a 1 million color or a 15 color kit. It sounds like a drastic difference, but I think the only difference is that when the colors changes, they do it smoother and in doing so, show more colors. I don't know. What I do know is, Z needs to get some lights on his bike soon
                  "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Those look really cool Kahluamud, bit pricey though.
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

When I bought mine, the website was set up a little different and things were easy to find. I paid 100 dollars for my kit, remote and all. Everything on the site is Always on sale. I am trying to work a deal with them right now because they cannot replace my remote, they might give me a big discount on a new system.
                      "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Originally posted by kahluamud
                        I have Color Change LEDs that I got from www.EuroEffects.net and I love them. They were really cheap too. My remote was in my jacket when it was stolen, so now I have to buy a new kit. I am looking at either a 1 million color or a 15 color kit. It sounds like a drastic difference, but I think the only difference is that when the colors changes, they do it smoother and in doing so, show more colors. I don't know. What I do know is, Z needs to get some lights on his bike soon
                        Thank you thank you thank you ... $75 for a complete 6 light kit... got to love that... looks like i just might be getting my lights sooner than it thought...

Comment

Z, I really hope you get one of these kits, I think I am buying my new one in a few minutes. Sucks that I will not have it on the bike for a few more months though. Oh well. Good luck with your purchase and keep me informed.
                          "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Working...
                          X