X

No spark issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark issues

I have a 1990 Kat 750, It has no spark to the motor, I have replaced the signal generator, CDI box, Distrubutors, spark plugs, fuses, checked the engine switch, sidestand switch and clutch switch, and still there is no spark to the bike. What else could it be? I cannot think of anything else? any ideas and help would be nice!

coils?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have checked the coils also, I forgot to put that in.

Comment

Get a diagram and start tracing wires ? Damn . The switches would keep the bike from evenm turning over , so likely not THOSE . Yeah , I'd say it's time to check wires if you're SURE the other parts check out ok (actually tested) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have tested everything else and physically put all brand new parts on it! this is a *****! I will start tracing wires I guess, might end up getting a new wiring harness.

Comment

Well , no spark , and you tested all the spark-making components , so process of elimination ...... Bummer .

Comment

yea it really is! i hate electrical issues! i would rather change a head gasket or something any day!

Comment

Yeah . Head gasket I've done a few times . At least onj a pre it's relatively easy .

Comment

heres a shot in the dark but under the battery there is a double diode check that it is not messed up. it will look like a little black part about 2mm thick and 6 wide and 4 long. take it out, and check that it is working correctly. the problem is that the diodes suzuki used where 12volt diodes and after having 14.5 volts run through them for several years they cook and burn up then not let electricity through. i had to replace mine but my kat is having other issues now. basically it makes the cdi think it is out of neutral and the side stand is down. (reguarrdless if the neutral light is light.)

Comment

Yes , but if it thinks the stand is down and/or bike's not in neutral , it won't even let the bike turn over ...... But I never knew about that diode thingy . I'll have to go look into that part now .....

Comment

Make sure you clean all your ground contact places, if you have 12v at your coils it's probably a bad ground.
                      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

yeah not sure about that when i got my kat it had so many problems and still has a few problems. i am going to be reconstructing the wire harness soon. i would still check teh double diode thing it takes like 3 seconds to take it out and check it.

Comment

Working...
                        X