X

***"Stretching" my 01 Kat***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***"Stretching" my 01 Kat***

I am having a tough time finding information on how to "stretch" my 01 kat. What bikes are compatible to use the parts from and how to install them. There arent any shops in my area (Trenton, NJ) that does custom work like that. Any suggestions and name of shops with their bussiness number would be most appreaciated.
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Good stuff Teddy, thanks....
      Fast Eddie

Comment

Re: ***"Stretching" my 01 Kat***

Originally posted by fasteddie
        I am having a tough time finding information on how to "stretch" my 01 kat. What bikes are compatible to use the parts from and how to install them. There arent any shops in my area (Trenton, NJ) that does custom work like that. Any suggestions and name of shops with their bussiness number would be most appreaciated.
        Yo , Eddie check this site out for custom stuff there right outside of Egg Harbor, NJ may be pricy there on of the best in South Jersey if your willing to travel may be like 45 minutes from McGuire , The Trenton area doesnt really have anything I dont Know why , I live outside of Atlantic City we should catch up sometime If I can find time I work nites and weekends

XtremeKreations.com

Comment

Post up some pics of the progress. I saw a stretched 98+ with a custom black & red paint job that looked pretty wicked (and I don't really get into the custom stretched look, either). It looked nice.
          sigpic

Comment

what is the reason you're streching it? Is is just for looks?

Comment

I like the longer profile, and it adds personality to the custom mods that I have made. Are there any draw backs to this mod??
              Fast Eddie

Comment

well no wheelies for you, and i think it might effect the handling. but then again im no mechanic

Comment

yeah it affects handling big time, it won't corner like it did before, thats why drag racers stretch their swing arm, it's for a straight line.

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddie
                    Are there any draw backs to this mod??
                    Couple . The bike won't be as agile . It won't wanna turn as quickly . Also , this means u-turns may be a thing of the past . You think a u-turn can be tricky on a STOCK bike , wait till you stretch it .... Plus I think it just looks lame . But then ,that's just my opinion . The OTHER points are still valid , though .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

ya, i personally think it makes the bike look like crap... especially when u see (im not raceist BTW) the black guys with busas all chrome and stretched...... just looks lame..... and then theres the german guys on another thread who put on the tiny vertical tails on there bikes.... but thats another story

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean
                        ya, i personally think it makes the bike look like crap... especially when u see (im not raceist BTW) the black guys with busas all chrome and stretched...... just looks lame..... and then theres the german guys on another thread who put on the tiny vertical tails on there bikes.... but thats another story
                        Edbean, perhaps its my blackness that makes this mod so attractive.. Hey to each is own-right?
                        Fast Eddie

Comment

haha exactly... whatever helps you sleep at night lol.

and i really hope u realise that wasnt a raceist remark... ive just never seen a cracker like myself witha stretched busa... unless ur talking about pro drag racers

and back to the topic.... i think it would be a waste of $1500... u might as well mod it out and get a sweet paint job or something... maybe chrome or gold accents... i dono

Comment

..... i just looked at ur profile and im gunna have to take back the paint job and modding thing... looks like ur bike is perfect man congrats on it. I honestly can say i dont think theres anything left to do... other than chrome accents or changing ur sprocket ratio

Comment

No sweat Edbean, its cool and I know that your comment wasnt raceist. One of the things that I love about KR is that you can get truly HONEST feedback from people who knows your types of bike the best. Thanks for the comments on my bike, I guess thats why Im looking for something else to do, since Ive done alot already...
                              Fast Eddie

Comment

Working...
                              X