X

just got new riding boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got new riding boots

needed some riding boots. the over-the-ankle hiking boots just were not cutting it anymore. I also, was not wanting to pay out an arm and a leg for some boots. I came across the Vege Nitro Touring boot.

These by far are the most comfortable boot I have put my feet in. The soft leather is great. they look good too. They have a shin guard built in. They claim to be waterproof but I have not tested that yet.
    These boots are not for track use obviously but I would highly recommend them for your day to day commute and even for those long trips. They are also very comfy to walk in so those trips to the mall on your bike wont have you needing a walker after an hour of walking in them. It is not like some boots out there that are like walking in ski boots.

The front flap zips all the way down for very easy on/off of the boot as well.

I have found only 2 caveates with these boots. The first is that they do not have half sizes. I bought an 11 and with an insole (for arch support for me... but any insole insert will do) added, they fit perfect and I wear a 10.5. the other caveate is that I think the zipper handles are too small. they are kinda hard to grip. I just attached a small pull ring (metal key ring) to them and that problem was solved. there is a leather/velcro closure to cover the zippers to prevent them from scratching your bike.

again, give these a look if you are wanting an inexpensive, decent, COMFORTABLE boot!!

Chrys
    I love my Kat!!
    2000 burgandy 750

Both me and hubby got those

Love them ... inexpensive (compared to Sidi and Alpinestar) not the same quality either but hey I ain't a pro racer either !!

You are right about the darn small zipper ... I'll try what you did cuz I'm tired of swearing while putting them on !!!

Nitro is a great alternative when you don't have that much money to invest but still wanna get something nice and good protection.
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Katlover:

I got a pair of these last year and they were very nice. Since they were a little too small I sold them but still, very nice. I liked the shift guard on them (better than my JR boots) and the fact that they looked and felt decent enough to wear anywhere. You can not beat the price!

Gskyx, now those are tight. I did not even realize they offered any other models.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Sky- Love the new siggy!
        THE DOC
        RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
        Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
        mistake when you make it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO
          Sky- Love the new siggy!
          A friend of mine did it

Sorry for the off topic
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

I just bought a pair of the Nitro Vega boots. Very nice, althogh I would prefer a bit more ankle protection. Boots I have seem a tad small in size, but that's to be expected from a boot made in China vice a European sizing. Nice for the price. If I do it again, I will go a size larger.
            What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Working...
            X