99 katana 750 spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 katana 750 spark plugs

Hello Everyone,
    I bought a 99 katana 750 a few months ago. I ordered some spark plugs online(cr9eix) and tried to put them in yesterday. It turns out that I have the older pre 98 plugs(jr9c) in my 99katana 750. Does anyone have or had a 99 and know what plugs they have in theres? I am wondering why my 99 kat has the jr9c plugs which are a larger size? I thought they would have the new plugs. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

Cyberpoet could answer this.
    Bike is sold

Comment

I already have in a different thread. But then I went back and did some more homework...

In '96 Suzuki switched all the Kat 600 engines to CR9EK spark plugs, which have a 10mm thread size for the opening and a 5/8" hex size for the tool to install/remove them. I was/am under the impression that the 750 switched over at the same time...

According to NGK's part-number database, Suzuki made the switch for the 750's in '99 to the same common plug (CR9EK). The old standard prior to that for the 750's was 12mm thread size and a 19mm hex size for the tool (JR9C).

The full NGK naming conventions for their spark plugs are here:

And their motorcycle spark-plug part number finder is here:

And like I said, if I sold you the wrong plugs, I will be happy to fully refund them. But if you've got a '99, someone changed the head after stripping out a spark plug socket and used an older model's head -- the CR9EIX are correct for '99 even according to NGK.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        I already have in a different thread. But then I went back and did some more homework...

In '96 Suzuki switched all the Kat 600 engines to CR9EK spark plugs, which have a 10mm thread size for the opening and a 5/8" hex size for the tool to install/remove them. I was/am under the impression that the 750 switched over at the same time...

According to NGK's part-number database, Suzuki made the switch for the 750's in '99 to the same common plug (CR9EK). The old standard prior to that for the 750's was 12mm thread size and a 19mm hex size for the tool (JR9C).

The full NGK naming conventions for their spark plugs are here:

And their motorcycle spark-plug part number finder is here:

And like I said, if I sold you the wrong plugs, I will be happy to fully refund them. But if you've got a '99, someone changed the head after stripping out a spark plug socket and used an older model's head -- the CR9EIX are correct for '99 even according to NGK.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Thanks for clearing that up cyberpoet. What you said about someone previously changing the head makes sense. I didn't get the plugs from you but I just noticed you sell them, I would have got a better deal getting them from you. I will keep that in mind for next time though.

Thanks,
        Sam

Comment

PM sent to get those plugs from you Samuel.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
          X