X

Dash cams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cams?

I'm noticing some cheap $50-100 dash cams coming out lately. Anyone have any suggestions (besides GoPro)?
    Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
    Ride: 2002 750F Kat
    "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

My buddy had a cheap-o camera mounted on his bike. Things to look for is battery life, is it re-chargeable or do you have to constantly feed it waves of AA batteries. USB charge-ability is a plus because you can wire it to your bike.

Also, his camera likes to cut out like an old fashioned Tape recorder when he hit big bumps.

You would also probably want one with an external SD card. Most "cheap-o" cameras with "internal" storage space dont have enough to really do what you want.

I know you dont wanna hear gopro but I just picked one up on craigslist (a Hero2) for $125.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
      My buddy had a cheap-o camera mounted on his bike. Things to look for is battery life, is it re-chargeable or do you have to constantly feed it waves of AA batteries. USB charge-ability is a plus because you can wire it to your bike.

Also, his camera likes to cut out like an old fashioned Tape recorder when he hit big bumps.

You would also probably want one with an external SD card. Most "cheap-o" cameras with "internal" storage space dont have enough to really do what you want.

I know you dont wanna hear gopro but I just picked one up on craigslist (a Hero2) for $125.
      just saying...

Comment

I can't say anything about using either of the above, but a friend of mine loves http://driftinnovation.com/.
        First motorcycle - new project
        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

I've got friends using gopros on their airplanes, so I'd think it'd work just fine for motorcycles.

Personally, I really don't want to be carrying around an evidence collector with me.

Comment

There is a guy in a group I ride with that uses a gopro but mostly sets it up to take a picture once every minute. If he see's something he wants a pic of he uses the shutter button then it restarts the one minute counter.

Comment

One nice feature of the Drift camera is you can run it off the battery or off a power source on the bike. A handy feature for those all day rides when you may be filming on and off through out the day. The wireless remote is a bonus too.
              Kyle

Comment

Working...
              X