No announcement yet.
X

Boots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you USA peeps have Richa or Spada gear over there? They're not the most glamorous or well-known brands, but I've had some of their stuff and it does a good job. Not too expensive either. If you want to spend more money, Sidi, Alpinestars or Dainese. If money is no object, there is only one boot maker out there in my opinion: Daytona, the absolute dog's bollocks
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

No we don't have any of those brands that I'm aware of.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

So far I've had Alpinestar SMX boots, comfy to ride in, bearable to walk in as long as it's not all day. I replaced the zippers twice and the velcro twice and re-heeled once, I have big calves and I would blow the zippers after a year or so. After 3 years I got sick of repairing them but keep them as a back up.

Current boots are Forma Ice boots, out of Italy, I snagged these lightly used for $100. They retail for 4 or 5x that. But I figured for a $100 better than some bottom end boots. They Squeak a lot as anyone who was at the rally will tell you lol, but they are comfortable while riding.

I also had 2 cheap pairs over the years, can't remember the brand. Had issues with the zippers and wearing out the Heels quickly.
        Kyle

Comment

Ok.... I'll wade into this, and I'm sure I'll get flamed. If someone wants to track their bike, then have the proper gear. For "everyday" riding, I always wear a pair of western boots with non-slip soles, a leather jacket,helmet,and gloves. If you fuck up....then you fuck up.....don't blame it on the gear, but your own stupidity when it comes to riding a bike.If you want to be a GP racer poser, that's not much different than being a poser for HD. Take your shit off the streets and bring them to a track. We rant about cagers, but I've sure run across asshat bikers that would be better off learning some respect and honing their skills on a track.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
            Ok.... I'll wade into this, and I'm sure I'll get flamed. If someone wants to track their bike, then have the proper gear. For "everyday" riding, I always wear a pair of western boots with non-slip soles, a leather jacket,helmet,and gloves. If you fuck up....then you fuck up.....don't blame it on the gear, but your own stupidity when it comes to riding a bike.If you want to be a GP racer poser, that's not much different than being a poser for HD. Take your shit off the streets and bring them to a track. We rant about cagers, but I've sure run across asshat bikers that would be better off learning some respect and honing their skills on a track.
            Thats the way you feel thats the way you feel, nothing anyone will say will change your mind. Not going to flame you for what you wear that is your choice, not necessarily the right choice, but your choice.
            Not all accidents are the fault of the biker "fucking up" or the fault of being a MotoGP wanna be.

I sure as hell do not consider myself a GP poser for what I choose to wear. I did a lot of research and I bought what thought was the best gear to protect my ass, and if you consider me a poser that is your prerogative.

Here is what I cover my "poser" ass with when I go out;
            Icon Overlord Prime Hero Jacket.
            AGV Horizon Helmet.
            Altimate Gear or Puma 1000 V3 Boots
            Joe Rocket leather pants
            Altimate Gear or Icon Gloves
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

My A* boots most definitely aren't Moto GP style. They are very much a touring boot.

That said, to each his own.

I will say this, and I'm probably in the minority on here, but even buying most of my gear via Craigslist ads I still have more $$$ invested in gear than I do my bike.

Bike:

Cost $300, $50 in carb kits and my own time working on it.

Gear:

Shoei RF-1000 helmet: $200 (used once) Craigslist, worn once and looks like it.
              Joe Rocket jacket: $ 35 Craigslist, looking like it had never been worn.
              A* boots: $150 from my MSF instructor, bought then realized that they were too big on him after one ride.
              First Gear HT overpants $ 75 Craigslist, new with tags.
              Furygan gloves $ 25 Craigslist, new with tags.

I'll have more/other bikes, no matter what happens to this one. Don't get the same chance with my body....

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                For "everyday" riding, I always wear a pair of western boots with non-slip soles, a leather jacket,helmet,and gloves.
                Whoa! The bits between the boots and the jacket must get a bit chilly in wintertime
                Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                  Whoa! The bits between the boots and the jacket must get a bit chilly in wintertime
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Wow...so lots of great comments since yesterday.

Without singling anyone out....the links are great, thanks for those. I like the Icon boots the best. Under the pants is a must.

As for the bits between the boots and the jacket, I know my 600 Kat was good at channeling the heat to my legs, and loved that. Another great thing about this bike.

I wasn't trying to start a flame war here....just trying to direct it to the more constructive comments I saw since yesterday.

Thanks!
                    Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
                    Ride: 2002 750F Kat
                    "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Here is a good set of entry level touring boots for under $100 :

I've had them only a few months and so far so good. Fit is dead on, they aren't uncomfortable on long rides and they dont get too warm in hot weather. They will offer more protection than sneakers thats for sure, and not break you bank account either. I know there are better quality boots out there, but these are working fine for me, and again are better than riding with sneakers.
                      "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
                      1 Corinthians 10:31
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Cool.

Yeah...gonna have to try some on, but these give me some ideas...
                          Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS

Comment

Ok...so yeah...tried on some A*s boots at the shop....seem abit stiff for my gear happy feet, not sure how you guys were those boots. Guess they break in.

Anyways, might go with some ankle high boots.

Comment

I dig the Randolph variety.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Alpine star smx-5. Have about 50000 miles on them. Very comfy. Zippers busted, so looking to replace them - with new pairs of the same. I like them quite a bit. Pricy, but decent deals on eBay for lightly used.
                                1998 Katana 750
                                1992 Katana 1100
                                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                                X