X

Arizona/Utah 4 day ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona/Utah 4 day ride

Hi! I'm new to the forum. I ride a 2002 Katana 600 with chunky dual-sport tires. This is my primary vehicle for daily riding, as well as my tourer. My brother and dad ride V-stroms, and for the most part, my Kat keeps up with them on the trails (I have 10 years of off road experience, which helps).

I love most of the stock options for the Katana. I am 6'3" about 220 lbs. The only mods I have done, are switching the clips ons for touring bars (1" risers, small curve on the bars), fabricating my own touring windscreen ($5 of plexi glass) and adding small saddle bags.

We recently did a 4 day, 1200 mile touring trip through rain, snow, cold and wind about a month ago all through Arizona and Utah. Posting pics here seems to be a pain. If anyone knows an easier way than uploading them somewhere else and posting a link, let me know.

That's a good looking bike. Nice country too. Welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Nice!
      Seems like quite an adventure!

Comment

Welcome aboard, looks like a great trip!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Nice!!! Great pics.

Welcome to KR.

So how did the tires handle the terrain for you?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
            Nice!!! Great pics.

Welcome to KR.

So how did the tires handle the terrain for you?
            My tires are awesome on dirt! The pictures don't do them justice. Gravel, loose dirt, packed dirt, even slightly wet dirt they handle any incline. However, I do lose just a touch of street handling. Can't lean quite as far as fast. Still enough to have fun though! These are the Shinko 705s.

Comment

Working...
            X