X

Bouncy idle, and low rpm stumble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncy idle, and low rpm stumble

i've got a 89 750 and just put on full d&d exhaust and a jet kit.
    did a carb sync, idle screws set at 2.5 turns out and now my idle is bouncy like a loopy cam in a car, the other thing i am having problems with is when i leave a stop it stumbles and has no power but 3k and up she runs great!

could it be that it is set to rich?

Originally posted by ripper1 View Post
    i've got a 89 750 and just put on full d&d exhaust and a jet kit.
    did a carb sync, idle screws set at 2.5 turns out and now my idle is bouncy like a loopy cam in a car, the other thing i am having problems with is when i leave a stop it stumbles and has no power but 3k and up she runs great!

could it be that it is set to rich?

Bouncy Idle is almost always a vacuum/air leak.

2.5 turns out is no where near too rich... I would suggest you check for leaks, sync if you have not as well.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well did'nt find any vacum leaks, i re sync and adjusted, but also found carb float must be stuck and and leaking into engine...sucks just did a fresh oil change... ill let you know after i pull it all apart and start all over again..

Comment

Originally posted by ripper1 View Post
        well did'nt find any vacum leaks, i re sync and adjusted, but also found carb float must be stuck and and leaking into engine...sucks just did a fresh oil change... ill let you know after i pull it all apart and start all over again..
        It might sound a little odd, but run a cleaner through the air bleeds on the front of the carb or blow them out really well. When looking at the carb from the front, the two holes under the throat are the air bleeds. Its worth a shot and from time to time they can cause a bouncy idle. Though it's rare.

Comment

Working...
        X