No announcement yet.
X

In Memory of CyberPoet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=FloridaKat;1819008]My last picture of him. Thanks Marc for teaching me so much!

LeTerisita

I had dinner with Marc at Le Terisita! Great food, great conversation. IIRC, he picked up the tab too. Dammit! I still owe him!

Comment

The CyberPoet

I unfortunately like many others never had to opportunity of meeting him, but from PMing with him the couple times I did when I had someone at work looking to buy a bike and knowing from talking to someone else on this site that he had one for sale that CP was a great guy. I know that he will be missed greatly. I actually learned a few things about bikes myself from CP and I am truly grateful to him for that knowledge. It wasn't much, but anything that helps me is greatly appreciated. I can remember times that I talked to my best friend that has ridden with Marc and others on here and he's even taught me a few things that Marc taught him. I'm grateful to both of them. I thought of CP as a friend even tho I never got to meet him. I was actually hoping to have my bike by next rally and go to the rally and meet him. Maybe even ride with him or gain some kind of knowledge from him. Unfortunately, I will never have that opportunity.
      Ride In Peace Marc...
      SKG

Comment

Was reading through this post when this song popped on the radio, VERY appropriate.

DIAMOND RIO "I Believe"

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin
        I feel you come back again
        And its like you havent been gone a moment from my side
        Like the tears were never cried
        Like the hands of time are holding you and me
        And with all my heart Im sure were closer than we ever were
        I dont have to hear or see, Ive got all the proof I need
        There are more than angels watching over me
        I believe, I believe

That when you die your life goes on
        It doesnt end here when youre gone
        Every soul is filled with light
        It never ends and if Im right
        Our love can even reach across eternity
        I believe, I believe

Forever, youre a part of me
        Forever, in the heart of me
        And Ill hold you even longer if I can
        The people who dont see the most
        Say that I believe in ghosts
        And if that makes me crazy, then I am
        cause I believe

There are more than angels watching over me
        I believe, I believe
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Rest in peace Mark. Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with this forum. You will be greatly missed. Enjoy the twistys in heaven.

Dannyj
          1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

Nice to see another thread about the CP without so much sorrow as is whilst clicking on the banner thread.

I still have nothing more to say, other than RIP CP and THANK YOU!!!!
            It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Many of you guys that rode with him mentioned the swimming hole. I paid it a visit yesterday and found it to be very peaceful and comforting.

Comment

thanks for the pictures SKNL, I almost expect to see him leaning up against one of those rocks.

Something I thought about that kinda made me chuckle today. Marc's propably up in heaven talking with all the great poets, historians, discussing the gettysburg address with Abe Lincoln and possibly showing Evel Kneval how to do a carb sync. I am sure he is happier than a pig in mud.

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver View Post
                  thanks for the pictures SKNL, I almost expect to see him leaning up against one of those rocks.

Something I thought about that kinda made me chuckle today. Marc's propably up in heaven talking with all the great poets, historians, discussing the gettysburg address with Abe Lincoln and possibly showing Evel Kneval how to do a carb sync. I am sure he is happier than a pig in mud.
                  As long as God doesn't run out of Mello Yello

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
                    Many of you guys that rode with him mentioned the swimming hole. I paid it a visit yesterday and found it to be very peaceful and comforting.

I'm glad that you found it. When you cross to the other side, and turn left... the "swimmin" spot of preference was down the bank.

There were several comfortable rock formations... one that's much like a submerged lounge chair.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post

Looking at those pictures, I was half expecting to see Marc standing at the end of the bridge showing his azz some more

And Steves, that one shaped like the lounge chair is the best, he showed that to me, and even let me claim that as my spot

Man thinking about all that, really makes you miss it. It just won't be the same next time we are there, will it?
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'm lazy. It's a trait I guess.

Being so, I PM'd CP 5 times over the 12 months I've been a member here regarding stuff I could have easily found on the search.

Not only was he FULL of precise information, he saved me heaps of $$$. I ordered from him a set of billet valve things, a corbin seat, a Factory Pro jet kit and he went out of his way to preorder a Fumoto valve to him to forward onto me on spec.

Not knowing me from a bar of soap I found his trust and professionalism and after sales service impeccable. He helped me install the billet valves, answered all me questions about care and maintenance of the corbin and answered numerous questions about the jet kit. He helped me with paypal issues that I had and also just stupid general questions about A/F screws and carb syncing.

We had a great discussion about Castrol oil and the differences between the American and Australian blends. During this discussion we were sharing information and research......and it felt really good.

Never once did I feel patronised, never once was I told to pull my head in and use the search function. Every response to my questions was a 5 paragraph explanation that a child could follow.

He was indeed an exceptional man with great tolerance and patience for the noobs.

Hopefully a bit of CP can rub off on us all and we can draw from his attitude towards others on here.

Goddamn, I miss him.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, I will definitely have some to add when I get in from work. For now I thought I'd drop a few of the simple things i've picked up from him.
                          • 1.Stop once an hour if you need to or not on the long rides.
                          • 2.Carry chain wax with you on the long rides and just put a dab on the back of the sprocket and it will spread out.
                          • 3.Keep you bike ready for a long rides at all times.

One of the last things Marc told me in person was this. Keep you bike ready and inspected to go for long rides at all times. "One of the things that keeps me sane is that I can pack up and ride across the country tonight if i feel the need.

Comment

In rolls Cyber poet with his famous line.... "CYBERPOET IS HERE"
                            I remember that Rangie ha!

Cyber was nice enough to take "NJ Meg" riding around The Gap when we were all there. This was her first trip and a fairly new rider. That was a very nice gesture. We were all hung over probably. Bad Canadians..bad..bad Canadians.

I just remember Cyber standing at the "Canadian Embassy" and talking up a storm.

Still hard to believe we lost one. Be careful out there kids!
                            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

I'm sad to hear cyber passed away. I never knew him personally, and he was one person I did want to meet. I've have nothing but respect for him. I knew he helped everyone anyway he could. If he couldn't, he would post a link or refer you to someone who did. He was always on, and very quick to reply pm's. I had asked him ver noob questions when I first joined, because he was mr. Know it all (and nicer than arsenic ) but he would help and respond with an Essay of an answer. I hate reading how great of a person he was because I tear up. I just wish I could have met a great person. I bet he went to heaven, was talking to God about EVERYTHING, and I bet God was like "Uuuhhhhh I have this thing I gotta go to, but Einstein is coming up with some new formila, something about time travel or something, you should go talk to him." I can just imagine the big guy up stairs blowing CP off cuz he would question everything and would wanna know EVERYTHING pegs down brotha, Godspeed. We miss you dearly.
                              Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Wow just wow, I didn't know until now. Marc RIP. I can't even understand it...

Comment

Working...
                                X