X
X

need soome help with consumption

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found this site for tracking fuel mileage...

Fuelly allows you to tracks your gas mileage over time, helping you calculate fuel expenses as you drive.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers I can get out of my Kat over the summer. My truck is abysmal...
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I got rid of the K&N air filter replaced it with EMGO oem replacement air filter and my gas consumption increased instantly. Now i get about 45-50 mpg if I keep it around 6K rpms 75 mph. At 90-100 mph it drops a lot. Did not resinc the carbs the bike runs great

Comment

Originally posted by rastakatman View Post
        I got rid of the K&N air filter replaced it with EMGO oem replacement air filter and my gas consumption increased instantly. Now i get about 45-50 mpg if I keep it around 6K rpms 75 mph. At 90-100 mph it drops a lot. Did not resinc the carbs the bike runs great
        Um, this is normal. Was it not like this before?

Comment

No I was getting 80 miles to a tank

Comment

Well, you said 45-50 MPG around 6-7k RPM, that's normal. You said in your post that your consumption increased instantly, that means you're burning more fuel. Unless that's not what you meant?

Comment

Hi,

I got the same problem with my 1999 750F: 7.5l/100km. It was something like 6.5l/100km about 10000 kilometres ago. It would be awesome if it were something like 5-5.5..

Comment

well im out of ideas, ill hope that very cold weather was my problem...

but you start with carbs see where that takes you
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stormis View Post
                  Hi,

I got the same problem with my 1999 750F: 7.5l/100km. It was something like 6.5l/100km about 10000 kilometres ago. It would be awesome if it were something like 5-5.5..
                  That's 6200 miles. Almost time for spark plugs, air cleaner, and valve adjustment. Manual says that stuff every 7500 miles or so.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    That's 6200 miles. Almost time for spark plugs, air cleaner, and valve adjustment. Manual says that stuff every 7500 miles or so.
                    can spark plugs and valve adjustment affect mileage?
                    i think someone told me air filter can affect up to 30% yes?no?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                      can spark plugs and valve adjustment affect mileage?
                      i think someone told me air filter can affect up to 30% yes?no?
                      All three can, yes.

Comment

in the morning im going to buy new spark plugs as these are gone, bike ratles, stutters, smels like gas from muffler, idle is going crazy 600 then 1000 then 800 then 1200rpm...

googled for symptoms, all of this showed up...
                        will record a video before and after, hopefully with a good result!
                        sigpic

Comment

whats the verdict on these?
                          sound isnt any better, idle maybe a bit better, but throttle response is way better...
                          new vs old

id say too rich so ive screwed the mix screw a 1/4 in, so its 2 turns out now.. i go testing
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FJCharlie; 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

ok air filter did a good job on increasing mileage... first measurements are 6,5L/100kms which is 1-1,3L less than before!
                            but as many told me is still bigger than it should be... idle is back to being bad 900-1200 fluctuations when warm. can this be related to a/f screw which we kinda forgot to clean?
                            yes, we are idiots i know

oh and what jetting do i have? carbs102 say stock 1.5-2.0 turns out and jet kit 2.25 tuns out.. ive setted it to 2 and 1/4 so that should be 2.25 right?
                            Last edited by FJCharlie; 03-19-2012, 06:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Its the carbs. Either the needles not seating or stuck floats. Have them cleaned and make sure the floats are free.

Comment

are you just trolling for old threads?

Attached Files
                                never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                                Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                                confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                                X