Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Both sprockets larger what does this do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImportRacer3 View Post
    Ok I hated to hear it but I'm taking your guys advice cuz he's giving me the ring around about proof of work done to it. Found an unmolested 05gixxer 600 from a middle aged man that is way down to earth. Thanks guys
    Smart choice
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Thanks guys it's an 05 for only 3500 and has some really tasteful mods but it was a commuter bike and has 30k miles, this actually doesn't bother me cu I can tell it was easy riding and both owners were older not driving the piss out of it. Just wondering what u guys thought.

http://muncie.craigslist.org/mcy/3922382335.html here's the link to the kat btw

And here's what the 30k miles gixx 6 says: Up for sale is my 05 gixxer 600. Bike runs and rides very nice. It has a couple tasteful mods which include Inetergrated tail lamp/turn signals,flush mounts front signals,race gas cap and matching mirror block offs, titanium full exhaust with a yosh carbon fiber can,carbon fiber tank pad,bmc race filter,adjustable race levers,chrome wheels, adjustable lowering links,and new tires! Bike was used as a commuter bike! Bike looks good and is fun to ride! No low ball offers,No texting,No Emails, Cash only! Test rides w cash in my hand and a valid mc lisence. This is a bike you can buy and ride as it needs absolutely nothing. I also have the stock mirrors if needed! Last pic is what it looks like now with blacked out windshield and mirror block offs!
      Last edited by ImportRacer3; 07-30-2013, 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Plz help I need advice and respect people's opinions here. Sorry admins I guess moving this thread might be necessary I never thought things would turn this way.
        Last edited by ImportRacer3; 07-30-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Go for the gixxer

On the other hand, that "custom cut off race exhaust" sure will make that Kat fast......
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Um, why is this thread still a thing? So for some reason after all the advice to not buy that heap of trash, you want to buy it again
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I see the lowered, missing the "stretched" part.

Custom exhaust... When did just chopping the exhaust can off so it sounds/runs like crap become "custom"?

To me... custom paint job = was layed down.

Get the Gix... That's a decent deal. I wouldn't suggest anyone pay over $1500 tops for the Kat, and that is only if the guy was really honest about the engine and it was done right. I doubt that though...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It's just a jetted and possible vale polished and ported and geared and lowered katana with 16k miles for. 2800 or a totally awesome Gixxer for 3500 but it has 30k miles that's why I'm kinda stuck still I just hate that it has thst many miles but he says it's perfect and ready to ride with new clutch and chain and tired and used as a commuter. This is a big first time loan for me so I just don't want to make any mistakes

Comment

If you are going to take a note out on something, then just go buy from a dealership... at least you'll have someone to go back to if something goes wrong.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by ImportRacer3 View Post
                    It's just a jetted and possible vale polished and ported and geared and lowered katana with 16k miles for. 2800 or a totally awesome Gixxer for 3500 but it has 30k miles that's why I'm kinda stuck still I just hate that it has thst many miles but he says it's perfect and ready to ride with new clutch and chain and tired and used as a commuter. This is a big first time loan for me so I just don't want to make any mistakes

Low mileage bikes are a paint to bring back up to safe and working condition. Rubber dries out.

Bikes that are ridden and have some miles is good... it means they are kept in much better condition. Sitting around is very hard on a motorcycle.

That said... 30k miles is nothing! On top of that... how many miles you plan on putting on it? Another 30k in the next 5 years? That's ALOT of riding! Yeah, I'd still say 60k miles is nothing to be worried about on these brand bikes.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Word I just called suzuki and a valve clearance job/ shim is only 400 bucks and asked if there was anything else I should be worried about with it having 30k miles and said clutch but the guy just replaced thst so I thank you all you helped me avoid a serious mistake!!!

And yes I plan on putting a ton of miles on it but with my kat I only put 17k miles on it in 5 years but this is my only vehicles since I can walk to work in winter and get rides. And this will give me credit to get a good car and let my insurance rates for a car go down hopefully.
                      Last edited by ImportRacer3; 07-30-2013, 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X