X

mikuni rs flatslide hose routing ?'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikuni rs flatslide hose routing ?'s

I got a set of flatslides I'm installin in an 1100 and I was wondering where exactly do I run the hose that are on the bottom of the bowls? There's one on each carb and when I filled the carbs fuel started pouring out the nipples, I've looked at diagrams on sudco an all but they don't specify, I've seen a couple vids where they got the hose runnin to a bucket but that don't help thanks for any help guys

Um, are they carb drain hoses, and the bowl drains are open?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The sudco parts diagram says they are vent hoses, I know there are big bolt at the bottom of each bowlso its easier to get to the mains but I'm baffled on if I should cap them off or not, if you pop the bowl off there's long brass tubes and they exit out the bottom of the bowl

Here the diagram and it seems I was wrong it doesn't say vent hose just hose #109

And if you look at the bowls you see the long tube pertruding out the bowl, to me it seems like its a vent to keep from overfilling the bowls but I'm new to flatslides

Steve your saying they won't drain unless I loosen the big bolt right?
      Last edited by DaBears; 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
        The sudco parts diagram says they are vent hoses, I know there are big bolt at the bottom of each bowlso its easier to get to the mains but I'm baffled on if I should cap them off or not, if you pop the bowl off there's long brass tubes and they exit out the bottom of the bowl

Here the diagram and it seems I was wrong it doesn't say vent hose just hose #109

And if you look at the bowls you see the long tube pertruding out the bowl, to me it seems like its a vent to keep from overfilling the bowls but I'm new to flatslides

Steve your saying they won't drain unless I loosen the big bolt right?
        Hose 109 is the over flow drain line. If fuel is coming out there, then your floats are not properly adjusted and allowing the bowls to over fill with fuel.

Hose 83/86 are the bowl drain lines. Those should only have fuel come out of them when the drain screw/bolt is loose.

krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks krey! And what about the nips on the front of the carb next to the air filter intake side

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
            Thanks krey! And what about the nips on the front of the carb next to the air filter intake side
            Guessing here, but... they appear to trace to a hole that then appears to open to the top over the bowls... So my guess would be that those are the air vent/pressure equalization vents. If you put lines on them, they drain to the bottom in case of turn over. Other wise, they are to allow air in/out as the fuel level changes in the bowls.

Basically, those would be the same thing as they vent tubes on the Kat carbs top side Ts.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X