X

06 katana 600 died?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 katana 600 died?

Ok was just ridding home bike has run flawless since I bought it new, stalled it over speedbump and completly died no lights no nothing.... however clock is still on. Checked the fuses underseat and they all good. I have no clue what it could be. I mean we went from running to not running like that.... also I know battery is good. I hope someone can please help thank you

Will it start on the centrestand in neutral with the clutch held in, the sidestand plunger depressed, and the killswitch off?

No lights means no battery, no ignition switch, bad fuse or bulbs, or a disconnect someplace.

Comment

No wont start or nothing any which way.... the clock is working but no light no starting no nothing... is there a main fuse anywhere?

Comment

Main 30a fuse is on left side, in a black box with a green top.

Comment

Well checked that and fine. Noticed when u turn key on the clock goes dead. So broke out the batt charger and once hooked up light came on and just clicked.... so dead battery just dont get how hr ago I was ridding just fine and now battery is dead as door knob....

Comment

Sure your battery is properly connected? I've seen peeps screw the top terminals really tight, nice and clean and shiny, coated in grease to prevent corrosion, just lovely looking!

However, no contact with the actual battery - the caged nuts had dropped. Something to check.

Comment

No battery is def dead.... wierd it just went like that... cables were good and tight... once charger hooked up things came on... like I said was ridding home and 50ft from srivway it went dead..... thanks cor info and quick replies

Comment

New battery for you then Or at least disconnect it and let it charge. You won't be able to start a bike from a charger. See what it does tomorrow after a good juicing up
                Last edited by Stumpy; 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Well waz battery. Man at store told me its rare but the battery shorted out....

Comment

Well it was 7 years old! lolol

Comment

Batteries can do that .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                      X