No announcement yet.
X

NEW GSX-650 Katana , Old member... ha ha

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking scoot - but it does lean more towards the gsxr styling, than the venerable Katana. I did look one over, but even with the FI, doubt she'd have same grunt as my 750, and a ZZR became available, so I jumped on that instead. Let us know your thoughts and comments on the bike, as you get familiar and some miles on it, though!
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
      Nice looking scoot - but it does lean more towards the gsxr styling, than the venerable Katana. I did look one over, but even with the FI, doubt she'd have same grunt as my 750, and a ZZR became available, so I jumped on that instead. Let us know your thoughts and comments on the bike, as you get familiar and some miles on it, though!

I agree... it definitely looks a lot ike the GSX-R. As for "grunt" it gets up and moves in a hurry.
      As for miles, I've managed to put 150 miles on it so far in about 4 days worth of riding... The clutch is so buttery smooth its fantastic. I did a little experiment, and I found I can just let the clutch out slowly without giving it any gas and the bike will just start to pull itself along, no bogging or stalling out.
      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

New Yoshimura pipe arrived tonight! 30 min later it was on and installed and sounds AMAZING!
        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Curious as to the 1/4mi comparison...betting the katana is faster...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Here is a picture of the new exhaust that was installed last night: And by the way, it is the R-77 model with the carbon fiber endcap.

Cant wait until my new Ermax gloss-black undertail and flushmount turn signals arrive!
            Last edited by RedKat91; 11-02-2011, 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Where's the new pics?

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
                Where's the new pics?

Lol... I would love to put up some new pics, but unfortunatley my Ermax undertail still hasn't shipped out of France... I paid extra to have it painted to match the body, so I had to wait an extra 2 weeks apparently (go figure)...

But soon.... soon I will update with the new glory.
                Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

holy mackeral, nice bike!

Comment

Thanks guys! Just got word that my new undertail has left France and is on its way to the dealer location, and from there it will ship to me. Probably another 10 days or so and I should have it!
                    Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

New picture of flush-mounted turn signals: (new puig dark smoke windscreen and red wheel stripes on the way in the mail)
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

So I still havn't received my new windscreen or my new undertail in the mail yet... Arrggg.
                        The windscreen I can understand that it isn't here yet since I ordered it only 8 days ago.... but the custom undertail (according to the website) said it would arrive within 3 - 4 weeks from France. It has now been 4.5 weeks, and still no undertail, and a non-working tracking number, and no customer service responses to emails over the last 3 days..... I have 45 days to file a paypal dispute... and its been 33 days so far.... so I'll give them til next friday and the dispute is being filed. (it was a $315 undertail damit)
                        Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54
                          Did you re-jet or make a FA adjustment?
                          It's an FI bike...no need.

Comment

So...... the stars must have aligned last night... i just got word that both my new Puig Dark smoke windscreen, and my new Ermax (gloss black) custom undertail will both be arriving at the house today! FINALLY after 35 days of waiting.

So if I get them I'll begin installing and put some before and after pics up.

Installed my new Puig Windscreen:

Installed my new Ermax Undertail kit:
                            Last edited by RedKat91; 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM.
                            Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Congrats on the new bike.
                              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Thanks! It looks a million times better now that I've gotten to Mod it some.
                                Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
                                X