Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Subaru Guy from NY (845) just bought a Katana!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Guy from NY (845) just bought a Katana!

Hello There!

Would like to introduce myself to the members of this cool Board! Im a new Rider from NY (Orange County to be specific) and just bought my first bike.
    My search lasted for months... I looked at all sorts of motorcycles all the way from Ninja's to Buell's.
    I couldn't find the right bike for a long time, it would either be out of my price range or I would suddenly read something about it and dislike it.
    I wanted to get a Ninja but the gearbox clunks kind of scared me off and at the time I couldn't find any at the right price.
    I've looked at CBR's however the harshness of those bikes made me think ahead.
    I looked into getting a Yamaha's YZF but just couldn't find one so My search went on...
    I initially wanted a GS 500 as my first bike however the lack of go on the freeway made me wonder how long I would actually keep it for

Anyway... to the point.

I didn't know at first that Such bike as Katana existed until I saw one on local Craigs-list.
    It was a 1993 Red Katana, very clean but with 40k on it. The price was alrite... but I didn't go for it.
    The Katana attracted me because of its design as a sports bike however it was with a spice of cruiser.
    Perfect combination of Comfort, Speed, Reliability and Agility... I just knew it was the perfect bike!
    Month goes by and I see this 99 Katana beeing reposted for a bit out of budget, I said "WTH" and went for it.
    Called the guy and scheduled a 'seeing'. Couple days later after about an hour of negotiations I had the title for this Beaut

Some Quick Info:

1999 600 (Most of you could prob tell anyway)

Got it with 7300 Miles on the clock for 2100 bucks.

There is some damage on the Right side Fairing, Blinker and the Engine cover (common Kat scratch spots)
    Last edited by URAL; 05-05-2011, 08:27 PM. Reason: Added Pics
    New Member, check me out @ RS25.com

Nice bike and welcome to the site.
    Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Thanks! Ill appreciate any advice and tricks/hints!!!

Need to get my posts up so lets get a conversation going fellas!

Comment

Welcome to the site. It will be alot of help on everything you need for your bike. Your relatively close. Im in Buffalo

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

What Scooby?

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

I got a 1994 Impreza L...

Last edited by URAL; 05-05-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Now that is one nice bike! Welcome to the group!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks

Im going to check out your Classifieds at the moment. Unfortunatly I already have a clear picture of what I want this bike to be Sucks for my bank...

Comment

Originally posted by URAL View Post
                    Thanks Everyone!

I got a 1994 Impreza L...

www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t126098-roo-urals-journal.html

Gen 1 Imprezas Rock.. I'd trade my wife for a 2.5RS..
                    (Actually I'd trade her for a Justy)
                    Are you still running the E22 NA?
                    I'm about to trade my 98 OBS for a WRX..
                    I'm going to miss that nose..

Hey I was wondering; has anyone ever set the grill back into the nose?
                    I saw a Mach 1 Mustang do it like 20 years ago, it was subtle but impressive.

Comment

Welcome from texas.
                      Tejasandre

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                        Gen 1 Imprezas Rock.. I'd trade my wife for a 2.5RS..
                        (Actually I'd trade her for a Justy)
                        Are you still running the E22 NA?
                        I'm about to trade my 98 OBS for a WRX..
                        I'm going to miss that nose..

Hey I was wondering; has anyone ever set the grill back into the nose?
                        I saw a Mach 1 Mustang do it like 20 years ago, it was subtle but impressive.
                        Yea, I was inspired by 90's WRC. I used to watch it all back in Russia. Now'a days WRC is not the same unfortunately.
                        Well my car is a Frankenstein... I bought it 1.8L FWD Auto but I swapped it to 2.2 from 1995 Impreza, 5 spd trans from 2000 RS and the whole AWD conversion from a 99 OUTBACK. So yes, the 2.2 is still NA but I doubt for long. I've been planning to go Turbo or EG33 for a while now.

I honestly don't understand the question about the nose... can you explain please?!

Originally posted by tejasandre View Post
                        Welcome from texas.
                        Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by URAL View Post

I honestly don't understand the question about the nose... can you explain please?!
                          Well I was thinking if you took the black grill section and remounted it closer to the engine (I have never looked to see if there is room)
                          It might make the nose look more aggressive..
                          I just looked up the part, its part of the trim, never knew that.. Never mind

Comment

Wow... clean Scooby and clean Kat. Nice going and welcome!
                            "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                              Well I was thinking if you took the black grill section and remounted it closer to the engine (I have never looked to see if there is room)
                              It might make the nose look more aggressive..
                              I just looked up the part, its part of the trim, never knew that.. Never mind
                              Yea, the front end on my car is from 97 except for 2001 headlights and JDM corners and Ver3 STI front bumper. (yet to paint that ****er.. been 2 years )

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                              Wow... clean Scooby and clean Kat. Nice going and welcome!
                              Thank You My car just hit 250K Miles recently

Comment

Working...
                              X