No announcement yet.
X

female rider restoring 93 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome and you have come to the right place. You will get answers to almost eveything on here and we all have experience with the Kats. This is the only website where you can ask a question and within minutes somebody chimes in.......its almost live! Oil and filter, plugs, air filter FIRST. We can start fom there......
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the site . I'm sure a member somewhere can answer all the questions you have , or at least tell you where to look . Lucky for you the fairings for your year and model shouldn't be to expensive . Well good luck and have fun with it. Learn all you can , It helps in the long run .
      Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Cruso just happens to be in the middle of one of my absolute favorite rides. I ussually stop at the little store there on 276 for a cup of coffee.

Ebay is a great source for parts. Jacks motorcycle junkyard in greenville, or Quick Time in Spartanburg can be a source for local parts if you need. I do not know of one in NC that I have been able to find near Asheville.

That being said... KR can be a great source as well. There isn't much we can't tell you how to do, or give you info on where to find it. If your sure you want someone else to do it, I know someone in Hendersonville that will give you super kickin good prices if it's major... if not, I'm sure I could help you with it. (I'm just in Asheville.)

If you got the room to work on it, your all set.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to the KR family. Just curious.....how many miles are on the bike?
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

So, Why shoud we be giving you a hard time ? ? ? ?
            First: WELLCOME TO KR !
            You can learn to do all that here, trust me, lots of info and people willing to help.
            Too old to dream, too young to reason...
            I am fond of my rough edges.
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR
                TRUST YOUR HANG !

Comment

oh boy....here we go. a chick with a repair manual and a few tools. now we are going to have post after post, day after day, asking, "how does this work", or "what's this for"?
                  Just save us all a lot of trouble and ask your dad to do it, or find a boyfriend who knows what he's doing.

hehe...I jest. but it's your own fault....temping me like that by requesting we don't give you a hard time

welcome to the forum, Heather. as everyone already stated, you will find all the help you need, right on here. all of our combined experience must be pretty close to the suzuki plant itself, so you will always find some answers.

Good luck with the project :
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Welcome to KR...the people here are great. One of the best, if not THE best Katana resource on the vast Interwebs.
                    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

welcome to the KR...enjoy the ride!

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Welcome to the site! As you are finding out the people here are the best and always willing to help.

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                          Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                          MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David F C View Post
                            So, Why shoud we be giving you a hard time ? ? ? ?
                            Because she's a woman, and she has tools and a motorcycle........ it's like the ultimate setup for 1000 different jokes!

I'm sure you'll find all the info you could ever want here. A lot of very helpful people here, and centuries of collective motorcycle experience.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

everyone starts there sometime or another. It's fun to learn. welcome to KR
                              May the road rise up to meet you.
                              May the wind always be at your back.
                              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                              And until we meet again,
                              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                              RIP Marc

Comment

Welcome!

1+ on doing all the items your self. In my opinion, it makes a person a better rider/driver knowing how their bike/cage sounds, feels, and smells when it is working correctly.

If you don't know when the last oil change was you should do that ASAP, and change the filter. Also changing the plugs will go a long way.

If you don't have a center stand on the bike for getting the rear wheel off the ground I would suggest you get a stand from Harborfreight or some other place. They are cheap and well worth it.

Check the brakes (pull out the pads) and make sure that they are in good order and working well.

From there, I would suggest checking the chain for correct tension and lubrication.

After that, take care of the valve and carb issues (but don't wait too long!)

Cheers,
                                -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                                -My wife

Comment

Working...
                                X