Gear position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear position

2003 750

Im changing the shift forks in the transmission. Question is how do you know what gear to put the gear selector at? I want to make sure that when i click down into 1st, that im not actually in fourth. How do i verify this? Do the forks just slide into the selector drum and then you adjust the gear selector on the clutch side to match what gear youre in?

Originally posted by whitestang41791 View Post
    2003 750

Im changing the shift forks in the transmission. Question is how do you know what gear to put the gear selector at? I want to make sure that when i click down into 1st, that im not actually in fourth. How do i verify this? Do the forks just slide into the selector drum and then you adjust the gear selector on the clutch side to match what gear youre in?
    I'm not understanding the issue enough to be able to give a specific answer, but I will say I'm pretty sure the manual goes into great detail on placement of parts for re-assembly. Might want to download that. I know there are several links for free downloads on this website (search option to pull some threads up on that).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X