X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard rumors about how these detectors work, but it's nice how that website has the different kinds laid out. And that magnet idea seems neat, I'll have to find a light that constantly doesn't change for me and try it out.

Comment

• Has anyone had success with the signal minders product that triggers the lights?

Comment

• attach a heavy speaker magnet to the underside of your frame. never had a problem since.

Comment

• I've never tried the old speaker magnet trick, but i'm going to look into that soon. usually the lights aren't my area trigger quickly because it's never completely dead. Always other cars nearby on the road.

Comment

• Just yesterday I was at the light on my neighborhood street and waited 10 minutes before another car came up behind me to trip the sensor so I could turn left. I do not want to break the law but the only other thing would be to get off the bike and go to the pole and press the pedestrian button and then run back to the bike and wait for it to turn so I can go. this has happened many times before. You would think that the city planners would think about this for future planning.......but nnnnnnnoooooooooo!
            sigpic
            98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
            Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

• It's not the planners but, the maintenance dept not checking the accuracy of the sensors.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Bikes Can Run Red Lights Under New Virginia Law

If you ride a motorcycle or bicycle, you probably know the frustration of getting stuck at a red light that just won't change – because the sensors under the street can't detect your two-wheeler. A new state law would allow two-wheel vehicles to run throu

House Bill 1981 will let motorcyclists, moped riders and bicyclists pass through red lights, as long as there is no oncoming traffic, after waiting 120 seconds or two cycles of the light. The law will take effect July 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  I put a old speaker magnet on the under fairing to prevent this issue, good luck so far.
                  They did that in mythbusters and it worked there too. i should do it also. there are a few lights that are really screwed up in olympia. i work at 3am so i get their default settings and it sucks. one light will not trigger eastbound at all except left turn, then it cycles again. and the other will only go green for 1-2 sec. as soon as 1 car crosses the line, it turns. i end up running the first light EVERY NIGHT after waiting one full cycle. all that in my workvan, not the bike...
                  1996 "Ras-tana" 600

Comment

• There's a traffic light I get stuck at often. It's near the city limits and not too busy. It doesn't have the lines in the road for the sensors, but does have these two circles, or disks in the road that are about 4-5 inches in diameter. They are in line and about 8-10 feet apart. I eventual found that if I stop so my engine is directly over it the light will change pretty quickly every time. When I wasn't parking over it the light wouldn't trigger until a vehicle pulled up behind me.
                    I also added a strong magnet to my lower frame, but I can't remember if I did that before, or after I discovered parking over the disks.

Comment

Working...
                    X