Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Subaru Guy from NY (845) just bought a Katana!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Awesome! Thanks Fellas! Even here, such a big Subaru community. Love my impreza, even though its 17 years old
    New Member, check me out @ RS25.com

Comment

Welcome.

Good to see somebody from my orig. area O.o.

I'm from the Hudson Valley too - not OC, though, SC, small *** town called Yulan in another small *** town called Highland - about 1h10m from Middletown. Though now I'm in Rochester NY, so I can't offer to go riding with ya .

270 miles is pretty damn nice if you're just starting, man, good job. That's the longest I've ridden my Kat in one day (Rochester to the Hudson Valley ), took about 6 or 7 hours, which is very slow when you think about it, but meh.

My current baby is an '04 R1...and I honestly can't imagine doing 270 miles on it - the seat is comfortable..not 270 mile comfortable, lol. At least the Kat had a center stand and luggage tie-downs. Definitely going to miss the bike - my '97 Kat-750 has to get sold soon . Enjoy your stay here, and enjoy your Kat. I'm definitely broken about moving to an R1, I <3 my Kat - there will always be a place in my heart for it!! They're great bikes.
      '97 Civic EX - Secondary car
      '97 GSX 750F (Katana) - sold
      '04 Yamaha R1 - sold
      '82 CM450 - Carb problems :'(
      '05 SRT4 - Daily/AutoX monster

Comment

Originally posted by Syndacate View Post
        Welcome.

Good to see somebody from my orig. area O.o.

I'm from the Hudson Valley too - not OC, though, SC, small *** town called Yulan in another small *** town called Highland - about 1h10m from Middletown. Though now I'm in Rochester NY, so I can't offer to go riding with ya .

270 miles is pretty damn nice if you're just starting, man, good job. That's the longest I've ridden my Kat in one day (Rochester to the Hudson Valley ), took about 6 or 7 hours, which is very slow when you think about it, but meh.

My current baby is an '04 R1...and I honestly can't imagine doing 270 miles on it - the seat is comfortable..not 270 mile comfortable, lol. At least the Kat had a center stand and luggage tie-downs. Definitely going to miss the bike - my '97 Kat-750 has to get sold soon . Enjoy your stay here, and enjoy your Kat. I'm definitely broken about moving to an R1, I <3 my Kat - there will always be a place in my heart for it!! They're great bikes.
        Hey, thanks!!!

I love R1's and was actually looking into getting one of them, however like you said... they are not trip bikes. Nice for an evening ripp but not for distance cruising. 270 miles wasn't too bad, I did a 70 mile practice ride a couple days prior to my trip around Bear Mnt and along the Hudson River. Had some *** rapage and my shoulders got tired but, after that it was good! On the trip we had like 20 bikes, and it took us about 10 hours with multiple stops. It was deff a great starting experience and I would love to do it again however the weather we've been having lately does not allow such pleasure...

Thinking about Getting a Legacy GT next year or a Yamaha JZR

`Egor

Comment

Originally posted by URAL View Post
          Hey, thanks!!!

I love R1's and was actually looking into getting one of them, however like you said... they are not trip bikes. Nice for an evening ripp but not for distance cruising. 270 miles wasn't too bad, I did a 70 mile practice ride a couple days prior to my trip around Bear Mnt and along the Hudson River. Had some *** rapage and my shoulders got tired but, after that it was good! On the trip we had like 20 bikes, and it took us about 10 hours with multiple stops. It was deff a great starting experience and I would love to do it again however the weather we've been having lately does not allow such pleasure...

Thinking about Getting a Legacy GT next year or a Yamaha JZR

`Egor
          Yeah, and trying to get me and my g/f both comfortable on the R1 was a ****ing joke and a half, even for a 30 minute ride. Once I settle down a bit and get a house with a garage for my bikes and a bike lift (yeah, I dream big ) I'm going to get a second bike (that I can actually keep) which will be more of a trip bike, like maybe a fuel injected Kat or something of the sort...or I may go uber cruiser and get like a Virago 700 or something and be able to ride forever, lol. Though right now, in college, got to work with what I got - and the R1 doesn't work well for both of us - that rear seat is kind of just for decoration or a short trip.

I'm definitely going to miss my Kat when I sell it, but I definitely got to sell it. It'll always hold a place in my heart, though, and I'll probably get a post kat somewhere down the road, lol, but for now, it's sell the Kat, keep the R1, and then wait .

EDIT:
          The 70 mile trip was a good idea, before I went on my 270mi trip the furthest I ever did on a bike was like 30 miles (didn't have anybody to ride with), the 270 mile trip kicked the **** out of me, haha.
          '04 Yamaha R1 - sold

Comment

Hi everyone. Well I still Have my Kat but its for sale with 10k miles if anyone wants. I Did get 05 LGT Like I was planning. Black on black turbo 5 spd wingless and all goodness. Going to college now and need money! Buy my bike!!!

Eventually I want to get some sort of street fighter or say **** it and get a big boy bike like an FJR

Comment

...or an 1100 Katana?

Just throwing that out there.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hah Who knows? Perhaps. They are great looking bikes but I wish it was more comfortable. The girlfriend doesnt like it either, it scares her. She thinks its a crouch rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by URAL View Post
                  ...I wish it was more comfortable...
                  WTF?! Bone stock, the 1100 is pretty cush. Try sitting on one with a Corbin. You want any more comfortable than that you're looking at a Goldwing.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                    WTF?! Bone stock, the 1100 is pretty cush. Try sitting on one with a Corbin. You want any more comfortable than that you're looking at a Goldwing.
                    That is why I want an FJR

Comment

• your right the 600's aren't comfortable, I didn't like the one we had, but am LOVING the 2nd 1100 and we have a corbin seat for it but use the stock seat more.

Comment

• Originally posted by URAL View Post
                        Hi everyone. Well I still Have my Kat but its for sale with 10k miles if anyone wants. I Did get 05 LGT Like I was planning. Black on black turbo 5 spd wingless and all goodness. Going to college now and need money! Buy my bike!!!

Eventually I want to get some sort of street fighter or say **** it and get a big boy bike like an FJR
                        Bike looks good. I sold my Kat beginning of this season. Chain ****ed the engine case on my R1 February of this year. So I ran out of bikes.

I then bought a '82 CM450E and loved the **** out of it for about a month, then I ran into carb problems and its been out of comission for the last 2 months or so until I get the carbs back on it . I want to do a long trip on it once i get it working, I feel like it will make a nice long distance bike.
                        '04 Yamaha R1 - sold

Comment

Working...
                        X