Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

9 DAYS, 6593 MILES, 19 STATES... YEAH, IT WAS FUN!...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey when you were in madison you were only a hour away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by nitros222
      We need a Zagat's guide with addresses and Google maps of KatRiders (something better than the Member's Map)

Have you ever been to Mad City Powersports?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
        We need a Zagat's guide with addresses and Google maps of KatRiders (something better than the Member's Map)

Have you ever been to Mad City Powersports?
        No I have never been there before... If I would of know you were coming that way i would of met ya...

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
          Why ? Just call Jimmy . He's the KR operator . I can get pretty much ANYBODY'S number by calling him .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            Originally posted by jgmann67
            Originally posted by steves
            Nice to meet ya Tom...

Stay a little longer next time
            Okay - who noticed the Brothers In Arms video game in the background?? Nice touch.
            Um... it was Saving Private Ryan... houses had free pay channels...
            Kewl - guess they're making video games WAY too realistic these day.

This thread was so much fun, I've read it three times now.
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

*Junior gets up out of his chair...*

EXCELLENT write-up with pictures of sights other than your bike, and entertaining tidbits of travel experiences thrown in.

Take notes folks... THIS IS HOW A TOURING THREAD SHOULD LOOK!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks that you couldn't make Canada but we completely understood. We had also been dealing with abnormal amounts of rainfall in Ottawa during those couple of days. We all took the Friday off to ride and ended up sitting around watching the downpour for 8 hrs. Fun fun fun.

Glad to hear that everything went as smoothly as possible and that you're ready for the next one.

Bravo Tom. BRAVO.

Comment

awesome stuff tom. Sorry we couldn't have chatted longer at the rally, but you looked exhausted and I was getting ready to head out myself. Sucks that the weather changed your course, but I'm sure we'll get you up to canada at some point soon!!

PS...you forgot the part about your bitchin starbucks boots

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

That journey is downright inspirational. Makes me hemming and hawing about a 3000 mile round trip seem quite weak in comparison.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

wow looks like you had a great time. i kinda skimmed through it and read parts of your trip in that wonderful wal-mart! omg they suck anyways, you're the man for riding all those miles! thx for sharing
                    Hello World.

Comment

Wow. Great story. I would love to do a trip like that someday on my bike.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

man what a great story! thanks for sharing your experiences....

my wife asked why i was laughing so hard, so i read to her some of your passages and she was cracking up

glad to read you made it back safely
                        One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I read your post on the.org as well. That looked like a blast. I am ready for another long trip too. Earlier in the year, we rode to Key West. You seen a lot more country that us though.

Comment

that's a lot of miles, that's awesome! Congrats!
                            -1999 White FRC Corvette
                            -2003 Black Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Awesome write-up!!

How much did everything cost? It read like something from Discovery Channel - and I love that channel!

Maybe a group tour next time??

Can't wait for the movie version to come out
                              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

I finally had the chance to catch up on some KR happenings and saw your trip. That was an incredible story you made me feel as if I was there. And TDR, the backrests may look cheesey, but My wife loves the security, and I love her not putting extra weight on my wrists and back. Don't knock it. It makes riding 2up with her a pure joy.
                                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Working...
                                X