X

Handlebar Risers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar Risers

I'll ask again at the risk of being keel-hauled. Does anyone know where I can obtain some risers that would bring the bars up, or up and back, or back.....

Trying to sit a little more upright. Otherwise, the Kat is probably the smoothest, most fun ride I've ever had.
    2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Do a search for "riser". Maybe "handlebar riser". There was a topic about it within the last 30 days.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

I've been looking myself...& this is the only site I could find...good luck!

Ride On!
      http://marksplace.lenzus.com/cgi/ite...858+0+69378587

Comment

ConvertiBars makes ones you might also want to check out, although the range of adjustment isn't as large as their full range because of the instrument surround on the 98+ being the limiting factor.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks to all. CyberP, I think I'll wait and eventually order Convertibar's kit for the 750 Kat, right after it passes "P" kit status (meaning they haven't verfied the fit completely). Wonder how much rise I can safely get without extending brake/clutch lines? Looks to be about 2" without binding.
          2006 750 Red/Silver Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by etcthorne
            Thanks to all. CyberP, I think I'll wait and eventually order Convertibar's kit for the 750 Kat, right after it passes "P" kit status (meaning they haven't verfied the fit completely). Wonder how much rise I can safely get without extending brake/clutch lines? Looks to be about 2" without binding.
            I don't think it will ever get past "P" status -- it was in P status in 2001 when a member of KatanaPlanet (prior to the rise of KR) bought them and it hasn't changed status yet. Get a money-back guarantee and simply try them, or skip the ConvertiBars option.

I do have to ask -- how tall are you (or more aptly, how long are your arms)? The idealized riding position for the Kat tilts you forward a bit, with your torso probably at 8 to 18 degrees, which is designed to work with the wind spilling over the windshield to support your torso (and lift your weight off your wrists) at speeds of 40-45 and above.
            You may also find that if your control levers aren't adjusted well to your hand-position, you are inadvertently loading up your wrists and making yourself very uncomfortable for nothing. I know I've posted a good write-up on how to set the controls up for your particular stature, riding position, etc., and it's common for bikes to arrive not configured for a particular rider (I have yet to buy a bike that was "just right" in that sense for myself, and I'm pretty typical in height).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X