X

are these wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these wrong?

Ive been on ebay a lot lately looking for cheap bikes and i keep running into the same thing. front tires that look like they are mounted backwards.
    as a car mechanic i know that directional tires are to be mounted with the arrow mounted to point foreward when it is at the top of the tire thus when the tread hits the road, the point of the triangular tread hits first followed by the rest of the tread pattern. i assume this is the case with motorcycle tires as well but i have seen as many with it the other way as with it the way i know to be right through woking on cars. So what do the boys and girls at katrider say?
    Attached Files
    '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
    '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
    '80 xj650 maxim
    "evil" '96 saturn sl2
    '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
    '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

sorry i goofed on the pic i hope this works this one is a bit different but the same concept
    Attached Files
    '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
    '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
    '80 xj650 maxim
    "evil" '96 saturn sl2
    '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
    '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Motorcycle tires have an arrow on the side wall that shows direction. The tread design doesn't usually tell the direction the tire should be going. Hope this helps you out. I use to mount motorcycle tires.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

There are very limited instances where a tire designed to be a rear tire can be mounted in reverse as a front tire, but it should only be used as an emergency measure for very small-displacement bikes (such as if your bike takes a 130 profile rear and you can only find 130-width fronts).

Yes, based on the picture, it appears that the front tire is mounted in reverse, but I may be wrong (without seeing the brand/make and/or the directional imprint, I can't tell for sure).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X