• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetLou
    Take me drunk, I'm home.
    how much do I get paid for that?

Comment

I wasn't the p...pas...in....gerrrrrr of.....i....c..er!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

gauge lights

I ordered reverse illumiglo gauges (not here yet) and I saw someone said that they were kind of dim. So I thought I would replace the dash lights. I have a red 2005 Katana 600 and I have 3 questions. What color should I get? Are there recommended bulbs? How many do I need?

Thanks Folks!

Comment

Help Please. gauge lights

Do you guys recommend replacing the old dash/gauge lights with super bright LED lights when you install illumiglo gauges? I want to get everything I need so I only have to tear out the cluster once. Is blue the best color to go with? I have a red 2005 and I thought red might look good. My gauges are on their way so I need to get cracking on LED's if I need them.

Thanks Again

Comment

Actually, I don't recommend replacing the dash lights if they work and you're installing the indiglo faces. It's not the gauges that are dark & hard to read (quite the contrary); it's seeing the black needle at night.
            What I do recommend is scoring some flourescent orange paint at an arts-n-crafts store and painting the needle.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Im not interested in doing the gauge mod now but just wanting to change the color of the dash lights from white to blue.
              is there anything else involved in changing out the stock bulbs to colored leds or is it just a simple swap?

looking at the superbrightleds site, the ones i need for a 98+ kat is the #74 wedge base bulb right and i would need around 7?

Comment

guage needles

My gauge needles are actually white...But I will paint them orange or red or something because white needles on white gauges will be hard to read also. Any "paint" recommendations?

Comment

first thing that comes to my mind is gun sight paint.
                  can be bought in orange and a glow paint for night time.

Comment

As it goes for the LED swap in the dash. If you choose to change all of them to LED's you will need a total of 11 LED's. They are all #74 automotive bulbs on a 98+. Since you are going to go with blue, then you need 7 (Blue) of them (6 for the dash, and, 1 for the High Beam Indicator) 3 Green (2 for the turnsignals, and, 1 for the Neutral Indicator), and, 1 Red (For the Oil Pressure Indicator)

Hope this helps.
                    I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

thanks starspan,
                      exactally the info i needed

Comment

i went to buy the bulb and im not sure which one im suppose to pick
                        06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Do we buy JUST the #74 wedge base LEDs and use the OE twist lock base OR
                          Do we buy the T1.5 (led/base unit)
                          OR
                          Do we buy the T8.5 (same as T1.5 but shorter bulb)

I ask because some of the #74 bulbs are not removable from the twist lock bases, like in my car, however in my truck they were removable.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
                            2000 Katana 600
                            2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

to hardly and bigbody, if you go with superbrightleds.com bulbs you need to get their twist lock bases as their bulb bases are slightly to thick to fit in the stock twist locks. post 98 you need the little bulbs i think the ones bigbody said t1.5 or something

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Definitly something of interest as i find the stock lighting WAY to dim.

But i will say the warning lights are bright enough as is lol.

Question is (painting the needle) how it would do since there is no real backlighting for it. Im thinking the best way is a very bright color...

I might have to ask my LED guy how he can play with doing this. I HATE resetting needles.
                                Last edited by Imagin; 12-22-2007, 02:17 AM.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X