No announcement yet.
X

center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes it too easy to do chain cleaning to get rid of, atleast until I get some race stands.

Your best bet for using the center stand to have someone there to help you the first few times t'il you get the hang of it. Once you find the balance point you'll be laughin it's so easy.

Damn Spedee those new rotors look awesome!!
    Kyle

Comment

I like that dang that is sharp. I'm gonna lose it,keep it around for emergencys
      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        I wouldn't give up my centerstand unless I had a set of front & rear race stands lying around... It's wonders are often overlooked (working on the bike's rear end & suspension, oil changes, plus the less obvious "keeping kids from knocking it over when they crawl on it at the mall", etc). Is a 12 lb weight savings worth it?t
        Yes ! I had no idea it weighed 12 lb. Gone.
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by floxera
          I wouldn't give up my centerstand unless I had a set of front & rear race stands lying around... It's wonders are often overlooked (working on the bike's rear end & suspension, oil changes, plus the less obvious "keeping kids from knocking it over when they crawl on it at the mall", etc). Is a 12 lb weight savings worth it?t
          Yes ! I had no idea it weighed 12 lb. Gone.
          It's just a guess, complete with support bracket & bolt & spring. I don't know that it does weigh 12 lbs...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

lol...I'd say it weighs 11.4 lbs cyber...

I think Speedee was just looking for another reason to show off his sweetbike

Comment

Sorry
              Bike is sold

Comment

It's just a guess, complete with support bracket. I don't know that it does weigh 12 lbs.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Oh now the truth comes out Your word is like gold around here I expected it to weigh 12lb to the ounce. I guess I'll have to find out for myself.

Comment

It's just a guess, complete with support bracket. I don't know that it does weigh 12 lbs.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Oh now the truth comes out Your word is like gold around here I expected it to weigh 12lb to the ounce. I guess I'll have to find out for myself.
                  I think you just lost all your credibility there cyber

Comment

It happens at times that I don't know an exact figure or measurement... But you guys are missing my point -- is a half a dozen or a dozen pounds on a 509 lb (wet) motorcycles worth the hassle of not having a centerstand? Do you think you'll notice a performance difference from a 1.8% weight change (with a typical rider weight included of 170 lbs, bringing the total weight to 679 lbs ridden with centerstand vs. something like 668 lbs without the centerstand)? On our bikes, I doubt it.

PS - I'm sure SpecialK can tell you the shipping weight on a centerstand, which should pretty much narrow it down...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was only kidding...
                      but of course I agree...you cant even tell a centerstand is there unless your looking for one.

I never had one on my bike, so I bought one off KP...I cant imagine doing ne maintanence without it nemore

Comment

I didnt miss your point just happens that I have a couple swingarm stands and front fork stands. I never use the centerstand. I guess I look at it from a different perspective. 12lb is a lot period. I think a 1.8% weight change is a lot considering it comes from one part and that one part does not add to the performace of the bike in anyway. Shedding weight on a kat or any other bike can be very expensive. Thats 12lb or whatever it acctually weighs free(monetary) weight reduction. I'd like to make my Kat as lean and mean as possible(within reason I aint spending a fortune for ounces). I put a 4 to 1 system which weighs much less than the stock 4 to 2, 520 chain conversion, and aftermarket clip-ons. I've also removed some other parts. It all adds up.

That said I understand the value of a centerstand. If I didn't already own front and rear stands I wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking the centerstand off.

Comment

I'd like to make my Kat as lean and mean as possible(within reason I aint spending a fortune for ounces)...
                          Do me a favor... once you get it off (and the bolt, the spring, etc), put it all on a scale (preferably a shipping scale) and tell me how much is really does weigh... I'm curious now.

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When you find out how much it weighs, go to UPS or FED EX and find out how much shipping to zip code 42501 is and let me know how much you want for it. I would love to have one on my bike!!
                            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Hey Cyber Poet,

How do I fit this thing to my 97 if Quick decides to sell it to me???????
                              If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

i use my center stand at least once twice a month to lube the chains

i dont feel the weight, i can barely see that on my bike; it doesnt bother
                                me at all

instead to lose 12lb from bike, i'd rather to lose 12lb from my belly......

Comment

Working...
                                X