No announcement yet.
X

Oslo - alps - Oslo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay out of trouble and have fun. Pics for sure.

Comment

Very envious, mammut! I was in Czech and Switzerland last year, and would love to go back. Luzern is lovely; too bad you're skipping Bern. It's even nicer.

Stay safe out there and take lots of pics!

Comment

Good Luck, have fun and post those pics when you get back.

Comment

Thanks guys , I started packing and getting stuff ready. It seems like I dont need to bring the softbags on the side. The topbox and tankbag is enough which is great news, they flop too much and Im going on the autobahn and I intend to haul ass.

Got the Swiss and Austrian vignettes on. 100 bucks of road toll, blood suckers !

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

You're doing a 5,000 km trip with that little luggage? I'm doing 1300 kms this weekend and I packed more than that!

Comment

Heck, I took more than that to the rally last year when I rode down.

Comment

well I dont think I need more space. Im bringing 10x boxer shorts , 10x pairs of socks, 6 tshirts, 1 shirt, two sets of underwear for riding, one hoodie, one pair of jeans, one shorts, one bathing shorts, towel, extra gloves, chain lube, flat tire repair kit, 1 liter motor oil, dslr camera, laptop, laptop charger, toilet stuff, travel documents, passport
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Must be a big tank bag; that'll about do it.

How many days is this trip?

(Still very envious over here)

Comment

Every biker needs an epic adventure....or two........ or three. I'm really happy you're going off on this one Mo.

I'll be doing this one again next summer as my daughter is getting married.

sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Have fun. Just got home last week and ready for more adventure.

Comment

Just got back from my own mini-adventure this weekend. About 950 miles since Thursday afternoon. Here's my report:
                        Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
                        on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
                        or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Comment

that looks freaking awesome !

Guys I have had two fairly boring transport days first day 800km plus a 4 hour ferry, and yesterday 1000km nonstop just pitstop for fuel. But I did manage to get some pictures, not many. Today I can finally start the real ride

First off : bikemods bro:

You dont want your butt to hurt do you ??

waiting for the ferry:

ready for shipping

Downpour on the german autobahn will take you from 200 km/h to 0 in a jiffy..

I could barely see the exit ramp... people were just stopped next to the road.

back on track :

finally the alps, Mont Blanc , France..

Last edited by mammut89; 07-07-2014, 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                            First off : bikemods bro:

You dont want your butt to hurt do you ??

Classy.

With a 1000 km day you're looking for comfort more than style.

Comment

Yeah it looks like shit but it worked very well

A quick update: the trip has been great. Nothing has gone wrong so far. But lots of "interesting" stuff has happened LOL.

I will let the pictures talk for themselves.

st. Bernard pass:

Unfortunately I cant stop and take pictures of everything. But it has been endless miles of only twisties up and down mountain passes. And I have counted 22 mountain passes so far. The journey continues... hopefully without any more snow
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Awesome photos; I'm insanely jealous, though not of the snow...

Comment

Working...
                                X