X

What music do you listen to on rides?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
    I love these threads - gives me ideas for songs and as luck would have it, I have been loading up my fairly newly acquired touch for the upcoming rally trip. As far as what I listen to - just about anything and everything, but on the bike it needs to be rocking.
    That was my idea with this thread, to get people some new music to try when they are riding. I think it's funny/wierd/intersting what everyone listens to and how much it varies from person to person. For example, there's no way I could listen to country and ride. It's too sad for me. What I listen to can be pretty much anything, so long as it's upbeat and isn't talking about someones dog dieing, no offense country lovers.

Comment

I've been hooked on Coheed and Cambria lately. Their 4 Neverender albums are amazing. As far as specific songs go:
      No World for Tomorrow
      Mother Superior
      In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3
      Delerium Trigger

Comment

I must reply to this thread, as with out music there is no life. The Doors are the #1 red hot chile peppers, audio slave rage against the machine, over all high way music classic rock has been played into the ground, so i enjoy more alternative.

Comment

anything Hard rock or screaming is a NO NO! and anything that pumps be up on the bike is a NO NO...its makes me a bit of a crazy driver!
          03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
          04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
          08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
          10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
          05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

whatever is on the radio ( I listen to the radio through my scala rider q2 )
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Ill mostly be listening to 80s rock/metal, well after i get my kat up an runnin.... lots of motley crue, zz top, van halen, etc etc. always have some new tunes in the mix as well
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I wear form fitted ear plugs but I can still hear the music of my Suzuki 750cc
                2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Depends on the type of ride I'm doing. If I just wanna cruise around then I listen to some ol'school R&B, like lenny williams, marvin gaye, sam cooke, etc. Now if I'm in the mood to tear the streets up and open the kat up a lil then it's hip hop, like Jay-z, 2pac, Biggie, 50 cent. Most of the time I need something that is up tempo and is hitting.

Comment

to me i like Rap and R&B

Comment

My Iphone and ipod have huge variety, from DRI to Toots and the Maytals and everything in between.

for glory rides I put it on the complete Social Distortion collection (My fave band in the world)

for mellow I like to kick it with some roots regae and old school SKA

Comment

Man, where do I start.........To save time and as a quick overview I'll just pick my favorite bands/influences...Breaking Benjamin, Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, Seether, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Jake Owen, Eric Church, Hank Jr., Johnny Cash, Sick Puppies, Bullet For My Valentine, Soil, Confliction, Crossfade, Evans Blue, Dave Matthews, Incubus........ok I'm just going to stop, this will take to long....I love all genres of music, country is my favorite, although I am in a rock band, I'll throw back some country any day of the week!
                        "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                        Chris
                        graphic designer | drummer
                        2002 Katana 600
                        Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Originally posted by scottysags View Post
                          My touch has everything from Kenny Chesney to Dave Matthews to Tool to Nickelback to Drop Kick Murpheys to System of the Down and so on, so I am all over the board.
                          same here

Comment

I listen to 80's metal.The bands I like are Motley crue,Kiss,Iron maiden,Judas preist,Skid Row,Ozzy,Ac/Dc,Van Halen,Scorpions,Ace Frehley,Accept,Bon Jovi,Cindarella,Tesla,Krokus,Bullet Boys,Motorhead,Metallica,Wasp,Ratt,Twisted Sister,Pink floyd,& so on.Hell ive even got some Winger in my Ipod.

Comment

Marylin Manson, B*ttehole Surfers,....
                              Last edited by zuma; 02-24-2011, 10:17 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                                Marylin Manson, B*ttehole Surfers,....
                                Is that who does that song? I thought it was somebody else.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                                I listen to 80's metal.The bands I like are Motley crue,Kiss,Iron maiden,Judas preist,Skid Row,Ozzy,Ac/Dc,Van Halen,Scorpions,Ace Frehley,Accept,Bon Jovi,Cindarella,Tesla,Krokus,Bullet Boys,Motorhead,Metallica,Wasp,Ratt,Twisted Sister,Pink floyd,& so on.Hell ive even got some Winger in my Ipod.
                                Your talking my kind of music.
                                Last edited by JIB; 02-24-2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X