No announcement yet.
X

Tipping factor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine fell over in the garage when i was working on it. crushed the 2 bottom drawers of my toolbox -_-

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      Word. You also learn to park in places you can drive out of, so you don't have to do the rearward-duckwalk for 20 feet, or the off-the-bike rearward pull like you're walking a dirtbike out of a trailer. I usually ride between the cars in parking lots so I can aim out of my space.

Parking in gear is great, unless you routinely bypass every safety switch that your bikes come with..... then it becomes something of a problem if you forget that it's in gear.
      I saw a guy last summer pivoting his bike on the side stand out of a narrow spot. Was a 600 fireblade if I'm not mistaken. I guess it's not to be recommended with the poor side stand of a kat.
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I used to work at an oil change shop so i brought my buddies zx6 in to change the oil. parked in the back in full view of all of my co-workers and three customers. pull the bike up on the center stand only to push it over onto its side because a low spot(in my brain) in the concrete. looked around and yup everyone seen it. now ****ed off i grab the bike and heave it up and to my surprise i forgot to put the kickstand back down and threw it onto its other side. Needless to say I now had a bike to paint and mirrors to replace and i still didnt have the oil changed yet. oh that was a great day.... for everone watching

Comment

Well, I almost dropped my bike today. I got off and just did put the kick stand down. I feel like a complete idiot. It capped off a long day. Fortunately, my car was there and my shoulder landed on the edge of the hood. It took everything I had to keep it from hitting the ground. WOW, it was almost there...
          Last edited by astevens54; 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM.
          2014 Ducati Monster 1200
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by atombomb232610 View Post
            I used to work at an oil change shop so i brought my buddies zx6 in to change the oil. parked in the back in full view of all of my co-workers and three customers. pull the bike up on the center stand only to push it over onto its side because a low spot(in my brain) in the concrete. looked around and yup everyone seen it. now ****ed off i grab the bike and heave it up and to my surprise i forgot to put the kickstand back down and threw it onto its other side. Needless to say I now had a bike to paint and mirrors to replace and i still didnt have the oil changed yet. oh that was a great day.... for everone watching
            bless your heart. now I don't feel too bad about dropping mine. several times. last time I tore the tendon in my l bicep. surgery.
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
              bless your heart. now I don't feel too bad about dropping mine. several times. last time I tore the tendon in my l bicep. surgery.
              That's about how I felt, but 3 beers later I feel much better...
              2014 Ducati Monster 1200
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

My (last drop) was in traffic (and on my S40 of all things). I stop put my foot down and wonder why I am slowly moving... I looked down and could see nothing on the road and yet my foot was slipping... I tried to stop but ended up doing the splits with my bike gently resting on its side on the road underneath me... not easy to get out of that position with any dignity either...
                1984 750 and a 1991 600
                sigpic

Comment

I am just as paranoid as everyone here. I always pull back on my handlebars to make sure my stand is set right. By any chance would anyone know if there is a replacement kickstand out there for the 2001 Kat? I just don't trust mine completely lol
                  2001 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok.......feeling a tad guilty for laughing! But that's pretty hilarious! It's always good to look back at our mistakes and be able to laugh at them. I seem to laugh alot lately..... maybe I should stop looking back since riding season is around the corner.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                      I never park in neutral.....never never ever ever. just always park in 1st. it is a good habit to get into....in case you can't park uphill :...
                      I still always park in neutral. For me, the habit is to always evaluate the slope of any parking area I pull into. If there's no way I can park facing uphill then I use the centerstand and if it's really bad I look for something to chock the front wheel. It's only happened once or twice in the last 23 years.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hey, I think I'd be looking for video footage. With so many camera's on buildings nowadays maybe if there is a video you could make some cash on one of those funny video shows on TV.
                        Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Originally posted by slip304 View Post
                          Well I finally tipped one of my bikes I decided that Sunday was the perfect day to put some miles on the kat so I took off from Haslett, MI and headed north. There's great county roads and a few stretches of curves just about 30 minutes or so away. So I got to Round Lake Rd. which is a stretch of curves and decided to run through a few times. Nothing crazy, speed limit is 45 with a handful of 30mph curves mixed in. On my 3rd trip through, there's a spot next to the lake to pull off and so I deceded to stop and take a break. I pulled in, turned the bike off and popped my helmet. I sat for a few minutes watching boats go by and then threw my leg over to get off. All of a sudden I felt that dreaded feeling of the bike moving forward on the kickstand!! It probably looked pretty funny to watch me fight this thing as it leaned over in slow motion and rested on its side. Luckily nobody was around and I don't think anyone saw me. I took about 30 seconds to gather myself (which seemed like forever) and then quickly and actually pretty easily picked the kat back up. I imagined it would be more difficult to pick up from all the stories I've read of others who have had my same misfortune. I guess I didn't really pay any attention to the slightly uneven parking lot and I had parked nose down. It's surprising how little it really takes to upset the Kat on it's sidestand. So anyways, I started it back up without problems and did a quick inspections. Not a mark besides a scuff on the tip of my clutch lever so I consider myself pretty lucky. Here's a quick pic. 2 hour ride, one little mishap and over all a still a great day out riding..
                          It was easy to pick up because the adrenaline in your body was probably going crazy! I dropped my kat (06) and picked it up no porblem after i heard the scrape of the engine guard touch the ground and i was only 5'8" and 145 lbs
                          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                          Current Bikes:
                          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                            It was easy to pick up because the adrenaline in your body was probably going crazy! I dropped my kat (06) and picked it up no porblem after i heard the scrape of the engine guard touch the ground and i was only 5'8" and 145 lbs
                            Most of the times I dropped my Katana I just left it there for a few hours to learn its lesson.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              Most of the times I dropped my Katana I just left it there for a few hours to learn its lesson.
                              sigpic
                              "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                              "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

I have two beefs about the Kat ....I love my bike ....BUT ..the stand thing does make me nervous and the neutral light omg .....I had the double whammy .I start the bike to warm it up .Neutral light is on i let go of clutch ,Bike lurches slightly stand buckles , bike falls against garage wall ...F****** sucks .It cost me a mirror and I broke a clip inside the fairing that holds it tight to the upper gauge cluster surround .Two things I learned that day ...Droping your Bike sucks ,Dropping your bike on your own for a stupid reason Sucks more .Adrenaline has a lot to do with the lift when its a bike your responsible for .

still sucks
                                I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Working...
                                X