Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
    Whike you are in MLB give me a call. I live in Palm Bay
    478 714 8189
    Do you have a ramp pacer? If so I may need it to get the bike out of the van on the 14th. I gata get the bike out so I can return the van the following morning. Might be able to do it on the 15th, just so long as I can get it to the Melbourne airport by 11am. Let me know.

Originally posted by downrangefuture View Post
    I'm in Jacksonville, fl if you need a break. Active duty Navy here. If I didn't put my number in my profile, then just PM me.
    I appreciate it. I hope to do the drive in one day though only stopping for gas. I know it's a task but I've done a trip from South Carolina to Huston Texas before only stopping for gas. Fun times.

Originally posted by thetable View Post
    When buying a vehicle from Virginia, or being a Virginia resident and buying a vehicle out of state you can purchase a trip permit. http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...emp_permit.asp
    That trip ticket was the plan. Now that I'll be mini vanning it, I can wait to register it. I may ride it a bit just as a little test ride before I leave with it but that will only be around the block.
    Last edited by chrisgreer23; 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

You can get a fairly cheap ramp at pep boys/harbor frieght etc. With the fairly low loading height of a mini van, even a slight hill would work. Do they have hills in FL?

And you won't need a very long ramp either. If worse comes to worse, get a piece of 2x12 or similar to unload it.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        You can get a fairly cheap ramp at pep boys/harbor frieght etc. With the fairly low loading height of a mini van, even a slight hill would work. Do they have hills in FL?

And you won't need a very long ramp either. If worse comes to worse, get a piece of 2x12 or similar to unload it.
        Agreed. I'll have my dad, little brother and my wife for muscles if we are to lift it down. We'll get it either way.

Maybe I could untie the bike in the van, hit the reverse real quick and then the breaks??
        I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
        -Unholy m-
        sigpic

Comment

I don't have a ramp but can get one if needed plus I can get some manpower if needed.
          ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

hey you need a place to sleep ?

I'M in forsyth ga an army veteran here and i have an extra room if you need to stay over for a rest just give me a call home#478 9948283 ask for ben

Comment

So I'm up here in VA. Got the bike in the mini van with zero problems. pictures to come soon...

EDIT:

Last edited by chrisgreer23; 12-13-2010, 07:27 PM.
              -Unholy m-
              sigpic

Comment

I'm in Palm Bay FL about 15min from MLB and I have a ramp if you need it. PM me if you want my #
                "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

We had to let some air out of the front tire to get it through the rear door but the van had plenty of room lengthwise.
                  Last edited by chrisgreer23; 12-13-2010, 07:52 PM.
                  -Unholy m-
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, not nearly the adventure of riding it home in 30* weather... but I'm sure your legs and arms will thank you
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

mini-van sminny-van- stuff a dissasembled pre in an 03 cavalier then come talk to me-hehe
                      glad your not riding it back

Comment

Lookin good man!
                        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                        ---
                        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Good luck with the bike Chris!
                          Enjoyed meeting you.

Good thing you didn't ride it back, you wouldn't have had room for all the extra stuff. My garage thanks you.

Comment

Damn Chris thats awesome that your finally going to have a bike. Let me know when you get back and we can go out for a ride.
                            Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                            Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                            2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                            1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                            2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                            1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

I should be back in town on Saturday. The bike has POWER. Very smooth power.
                              -Unholy m-
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
                                Whike you are in MLB give me a call. I live in Palm Bay
                                478 714 8189
                                Hey, I need to put about two hours on the bike tomorrow if your up for a ride. Maybe around non or 1pm.
                                -Unholy m-
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X