X

Plastic repair help!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic repair help!!!!

So I couldn't find a write up on fixing scratches on fairing plastic for a complete novice...I need list of all materials needed and directions from step 1 all the way thru to the end....can someone PLEASE HELP???
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

something like this

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

yeah I read that one...but I need something literally step by step cause I haven't the slightest on how to do plastic stuff.
      sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

That's pretty step by step. Any specific questions on the process? I've done a couple car bumpers as well as a fairing

-Dremel with grinding wheel(not cut off!!!)
        -Any plastic epoxy, I like 3M Plastic repair, buy it at most auto parts stores
        -a few variates of sandpaper is nice to have, 100, 220, 500

Make sure to remove any paint to the area you are repairing with sandpaper. For larger gaps and areas to fill mix your epoxy until it becomes super thick, it helps it hold its shape better(the stuff sets up super quick so keep an eye on it)
        Last edited by youngphillip85; 06-06-2010, 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic

Comment

well I'm sure it's not too difficult, I'm just wanting to make sure I do it right cause she's my baby you know? Sounds like I can figure it out. I don't have cracks to fill though, I have to like "build up" the plastic to what it was originally due to the road grinding it down a quarter inch or so.
          sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

Yeah, its not too hard , especially if its not cracked. You can always grind down and keep trying
            sigpic

Comment

sounds good, I'll try it soon and update with my progress an maybe some pics
              sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

Working...
              X