X

Ozark Run 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Run 2008

For any of you KatRiders out there some of us here in the Kansas City area are starting to plan a run this summer. We are looking to leave Friday night June 5th returning either Wednesday or Thursday of the following week This could be extended a few days if enough people want to come along. We will be camping during the trip, but will be close enough to places that have motels for those that would rather do that.

Some of the more interesting roads that we will be riding are the Pig Trail, Ark Dragon, Push Mountain, Copperhead, 9 hwy and 7 hwy.

We are also planning a 1/2 day hike as a side diversion during the trip into Pedistal Rock and Kings Bluff

Contact me at [email protected] if you want more info

Enjoy and keep the rubber side down.

BJ
    Last edited by 40something; 02-24-2009, 03:23 PM.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Don't you mean 2009?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Yup 2009. typo sorry
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

oh i love the pig i got my patch last year from turners bend on mulberry river
        here is a couple pics my friends took of me while we were there

but i live in tulsa ok and ks city is quite a ways out of the way for me im just about straight west of the ozarks but if you get a rout planed i could meet you somewhere like joplin its a little out of my way but looks like its could be on yours depending on what rout your taking just let me know what you get worked out .. do you have a date picked out yet?
        Attached Files

Comment

We are looking at either Memorial Day weekend and part of the following week or the second week of June. A good place for us to meet up would be Harrison Ark.

Just keep heading East on I-44 then south on MO HWY 65. Only should be another 2 hours from Joplin maybe 3 at the most.

I will let you know as we get closer to the final planning.

Comment

Hey, I've got a cabin on the lake On table rock....hmmm......
            sigpic

Comment

There's a thought.....

Comment

Well, yall may just be in luck..... I live just a few miles from push mountain road, and hwy 7 is a great choice. Some of the most amazing overlooks, but NOT a place to play around(lots of BIG drop-offs and cliffs on the side of the road) If I can get my bike back together in time and join you guys, maybe I can show all of you some of these ultra-twisty roller coaster back roads we got around here.
                I'm also really suprised that you didn't say anything about hwy 14. There are about 500 corners in 50 miles from branson missouri to marshall arkansas, and the branson end is only 20-35 mins. north of harrison up interstate 65 and marshall is about the same distance south of harrison.
                There are a couple of other hwys that connect to 14 between branson and marshall, we could spend all day up there and hardly hit the same pavement twice.
                89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
                soon to be 89 GSX1157R
                01 bandit 1200 motor
                36mm cv carbs
                89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
                89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
                modded yosh exhaust
                PPG Viper GTS blue
                EBC HH pads F&R
                Pirelli Diablo strada tires
                shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
                ...and pods

Comment

Yes HWY 14 is on our list heading east out of Marshal. Been there love that stretch of road.

Originally posted by ttownterror View Post
                  oh i love the pig i got my patch last year from turners bend on mulberry river
                  here is a couple pics my friends took of me while we were there

but i live in tulsa ok and ks city is quite a ways out of the way for me im just about straight west of the ozarks but if you get a rout planed i could meet you somewhere like joplin its a little out of my way but looks like its could be on yours depending on what rout your taking just let me know what you get worked out .. do you have a date picked out yet?
                  We will be in Harrsion Ark the night of June 5th. Hope you can join us
                  Last edited by 40something; 05-20-2009, 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

ever tried 160 from branson, mo to gainsville? On the branson/forsythe end almost all of the corners are 15-35 mph rated. and if you don't believe me google maps says it's only about 45 miles, but takes 1 hr 45 mins in a car!
                    I don't know how you guys ride, but i think we can average 40-50 mph on the runs making them about 1 hour instead
                    89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
                    soon to be 89 GSX1157R
                    01 bandit 1200 motor
                    36mm cv carbs
                    89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
                    89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
                    modded yosh exhaust
                    PPG Viper GTS blue
                    EBC HH pads F&R
                    Pirelli Diablo strada tires
                    shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
                    ...and pods

Comment

Haven't been on that one but was on 160 from more to the east a couple of years back and that was a good stretch of road.

How is getting your bike back on the road coming along?

Comment

Working...
                      X