Tires? HELP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirelli Diablo strada's

Enough said.....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Go with the Z6's or the Conti road attacks you won't be dissapointed.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I'm running Shinko 005 advance right now. Close to 2000 miles on them without a hitch...somewhere around $160 to my door for the set off flea-bay. I also mostly commute with weekend spirited riding. I have had enough confidence in these tires to get my knee down as well.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I'm going to do some more research but so far its between these Conti's and the Z6's. I've never heard of the Conti and everyone keeps bringing up Z6's so I'm leaning towards that. Thanks for all the input, guys!

Comment

How many miles are you putting on in a year? I have run both the Conti Force and the Metz Z6, and if you are not putting on many miles in a year, say under 3000, I would go with the Force. They wore much faster for me than the Z6, but they were still a good tire at a great price. If you are riding relatively few miles, then running the tires to the belts should not be as big a concern as the actual age of the rubber and belts.

HS2020 has a good deal going on them here: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=86200
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              I went out to check....the rear is 150/70 ZR17....... leave well enough alone?
              i got a 180/60 on mine now and a 120/70 up front. someone said thats wrong. any input?
              99 katana 600 w/ yoshimura stage3, 6k bi-xenon HID, clear front/rear signals, clear tail w/ LED, House of Kolors Kameleon copper-2-green paint

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majormods View Post
                i got a 180/60 on mine now and a 120/70 up front. someone said thats wrong. any input?
                Troll much? Search, and at least figure out that that is a cruiser size. Sport and sport touring tires are offered in 160/60 or 180/55.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                  Go with the Z6's or the Conti road attacks you won't be dissapointed.
                  I agree. They're both great tires
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

what are the z6's you guys are talking about?

Comment

Metzeler Roadtec Z6.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet

Comment

Don't forget the Pirelli Diablo Stradas ... basically the same as the Z6, sometimes cheaper.
                        - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                        2005 F4i -

Comment

i figured it out after reading some more of the post.. thanks though.. i am leaning to the cont as well... 210 delivered...

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                            Troll much? Search, and at least figure out that that is a cruiser size. Sport and sport touring tires are offered in 160/60 or 180/55.

Ok....so I have 150/70 ZR17 on the rear. When I go to replace it.... stay with it or not?
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Pre with stock wheels, no bigger than a 150.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                                Pre with stock wheels, no bigger than a 150.
                                Thanks for the advice. I'll follow it.
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X