HWY Pegs on a post Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HWY Pegs on a post Kat 750

If interested check these out at

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

or from the pix in my garage.
    Last edited by 40something; 02-24-2008, 04:21 PM. Reason: Update First Ride
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Sorry man, to each his own I guess....just seems like a screendoor on a submarine to me...
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I guess that option is cheaper than buying a cruiser..?????
      '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
      ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post

Sorry man, to each his own I guess....just seems like a screendoor on a submarine to me...
        I think that analogy would be more fitting if we were talking about a GSXR 1000, but I can see the merits of having hwy pegs on a Kat.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I would be worried about taking a turn and catching the pavement with them, but I can def see the alure.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
            I think that analogy would be more fitting if we were talking about a GSXR 1000, but I can see the merits of having hwy pegs on a Kat.
            Or a tiller huh?
            My point is, one of the reason's you'd buy a Kat over say a gixer, would be the riding position(?)...heck why not add a backrest and sissy bar as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
              Or a tiller huh?
              My point is, one of the reason's you'd buy a Kat over say a gixer, would be the riding position(?)...heck why not add a backrest and sissy bar as well...
              I was thinking that as well. The idea is interesting, but why not get a cruiser then?
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

thats just too much. lol

Comment

maybe they want the power of a sport bike with the comfort of a cruiser? then spend the money and get a power cruiser (M109R, Road Warrior, V-Rod, etc.)
                  having owned both, i like my cruiser....it just sounds good....lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                    I was thinking that as well. The idea is interesting, but why not get a cruiser then?
                    Maybe he prefers the look and handling of the sport bikes. As someone who has ridden more than a few 1000+ km days, I can appreciate wanting to have A few different options for foot position. Obviously this mod is not for everyone, but if it accomplishes what 40's after, then I say A+. As I mentioned before. It's good to see a fresh mod.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Maybe he prefers the look and handling of the sport bikes. As someone who has ridden more than a few 1000+ km days, I can appreciate wanting to have A few different options for foot position. Obviously this mod is not for everyone, but if it accomplishes what 40's after, then I say A+. As I mentioned before. It's good to see a fresh mod.
                      I have owned cruisers (more than one actually) and never really liked the way they handled. I have also owned dual sports, dressers and atv's. I like the handling of the Kat and the riding position as well, but I also wanted a bike that is touring capable and new when I bought the Kat the certain mods would have to be custom made. I am in the process of making all those mods before my Pac NW run this summer.

I have seen some interesting comments on these in 2 diff threads and everyone should understand that these will not be on the Kat all the time. Only when on long touring trips and then they can come off when I get to good riding areas so that they don't get in the way.

Also when off a slider can be mounted in the lower attach point. So I get double duty from these. I am leaving them on the bike for now so that I can ride with them locally (if we ever get rid of all the snow/ice) so that I can make adjustments prior to the trip.
                      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Interesting, there are two threads going on right now on this same subject. I posted in the other that I did a similar thing on the case guards I had on the Bandit, putting highway pegs on the guards. Worked well. I recommend this to anyone who rides interstates for loooong distances, the second foot position really is nice.
                        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

As someone who has ridden more than a few 1000+ km days, I can appreciate wanting to have A few different options for foot position.
                          EXACERY . I've though of it many times myself . Those of us with long legs can get kinda cramped on many a bike on those longer highway runs . After about 2 hours on the highway my knees get stiff , and I start wishin I had more places to put my feet .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It is a different look. I bet they will be pretty nice on your trip this season. It will allow you to stretch your legs without having to stop.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                              It is a different look. I bet they will be pretty nice on your trip this season. It will allow you to stretch your legs without having to stop.
                              Yeah, that, a Camelbak, couple of sandwiches and a catherer and you could ride all day!
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X