No announcement yet.
X

Planning an Ozark Run this Fall (2007)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning an Ozark Run this Fall (2007)

Hi all,

This is my tentative plan at the present. Leave Kansas City and hit back roads down through Springfield to Harrison, Ark the catch HWY 7 down to Dover stopping for pix along the way. Plan on eating Dinner at Bayou Cafe in Dover some of the best burgers anywhere. Either get a motel in Dover or Russellville or maybe camp at Bayou Bluff US Forest Service park just North of Hector. Next day take Hwy 27 up to Marshall again stopping for pix along the route. Then head over to Pedestal Rock for some pix. Find a place for the night. Next day start winding back north along the back roads back to Harrison and catch dinner at the Dixie Cafe and find a Motel. Head back to Kansas City. Should be a good four day run may cut it back to three, just have to see. Going to use this as a shake down run prior to 2 week trip to Washington State in Spring of 2008.

If any of you would like to come along all are welcome just let me know and we can hook up in Kansas City or somewhere along the way.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

We now have the dates for this run and expanded the trip.

Date Sept 28 - Oct 1, 2007

Day One
    Leave Kansas City and hit back roads down through Springfield to Harrison, Ark the catch HWY 7 down to Dover stopping for pix along the way. Plan on eating Dinner at Bayou Cafe in Dover some of the best burgers anywhere or at Brown's Catfish in Russellville. Get a motel in Russellville or maybe camp at Bayou Bluff US Forest Service park just North of Hector.

Day Two
    Continue to head down HWY 7 then catch hwy 27 down into the Ouachita Mountains across HWY 289 to Hot Spring (grab lunch) then HWY 7 back to Russellville and spend the night,

Day 3
    Leave Russville to Hector Hwy 27 North, then West on HWY 16 stopping at Pedistal Rock for pix. Then back across HWY 16 and on up HWY 27 to Harriet. Head East on HWY 14 to Mtn View. Spend the Night

Day 4
    Tour Blanchard Springs Caverns. Then back to the west on HWY 14 then North on HWY 341 then North on HWY 5 to Missouri 160 then East to MO HWY 5. North on MO HWY 5 to MO HWY 7 back into Harrisonville, MO then HWY 71 back into Kansas City.

Everyone is welcome to come along and is welcome to meet us anywhere along the route.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

If we all decide to camp in the US Forest Service Site at Bayou Bluff it is $10.00 per night. We are allowed 2 tents per site. Just a heads up for those that are following this thread

Comment

i am following it....what do they charge for a sleeping bag?....lmao
        I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Comment

seriouly...its all good.....this is a short run for us and we will do our best to be there for the weekend....prolly meet up with you for lunch in russellville and stay two nights and then head back east on day three.....i cant wait
          I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Comment

Well this trip is getting closer and the Harley rider from work has now backed out, but another couple of guys have said maybe. If all of you are still interested let me know. The route has been planned. If you would like the entire route plan let me know and I'll get it posted in here. Hope to meet all of you soon.

Comment

Under 2 weeks and counting. Anyone still coming along??????

Comment

make sure you take lots of pics for those of us who can't join you.

Have a safe trip

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I have over 4Gig of memory for my camera. I plan on taking lots of pix

Comment

Here is the Kat all dressed up for the trip:

Comment

Re: Planning an Ozark Run this Fall (2007)

Originally posted by 40something
                      Leave Kansas City and hit back roads down through Springfield to Harrison, Ark the catch HWY 7 down to Dover stopping for pix along the way. Plan on eating Dinner at Bayou Cafe in Dover some of the best burgers anywhere. Either get a motel in Dover or Russellville or maybe camp at Bayou Bluff US Forest Service park just North of Hector. Next day take Hwy 27 up to Marshall again stopping for pix along the route. Then head over to Pedestal Rock for some pix. Find a place for the night. Next day start winding back north along the back roads back to Harrison and catch dinner at the Dixie Cafe and find a Motel. Head back to Kansas City. Should be a good four day run may cut it back to three, just have to see. Going to use this as a shake down run prior to 2 week trip to Washington State in Spring of 2008.
                      Hey BJ, here are my plans. Now I am not familiar with the routes down there, but I will change my plans as per yours. I also realize that you are leaving on Thursday. Unfortunately, I will only be able to leave on Friday evening.

I will leave Overland Park, Kansas on Friday evening, stop over at Springfield MO for the night and leave early next morning towards Clarksville. If you are somewhere along that route, I will try and meet up and continue the ride with you. If you are in Branson or Harrison on Saturday morning lemme know, cause that will make things easier for me. I was supposed to be meeting some friends in Clarksville, but they may be leaving too early on their ride for me to meet them. I was planning on staying Saturday night in Clarksville, and ride the twisties back up to Springfield MO. But all that may change. I hope the weather stays alright.

You going to bike night tonite at Fuel (119th & Metcalf)? maybe we could meet and discuss the route.
                      2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

If you want to meet up on Saturday you will need to be in Russellville by around 9:00am as I am headed South from there.

IF you are willing to put in an additional 2 hours in the saddle Friday night take 71 down through Joplin and catch 540 just after you get into Ark. This will take you to I-40. Go east to Russellville and find a Motel (best place at second exit I think. Should be HWY 7 exit.)

This should only take you about 6 - 6.5 hours on Friday night. Give me a call on Sat and let me know where you are.

BJ

Comment

If you are headed south from Russellville, that may be a little too long of a trip for me. I am going to be in Allison for Lunch at around 12:30 - 1:00

This is the address if you change your mind to ride up North;
                          Anglers White River Resort
                          Hwys 5,9,14 N. , Allison, AR,

The route from Springfield to Allison looks like it has quite a few curves

Either ways, I'll call you during the road trip and let you know of my location. If we dont catch up, we can definitely plan another ride sometime before the winter.

Enjoy the ride!
                          2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

Ride Report?

Comment

My trip ended up being to Eureka Springs AR instead of Allison. It was by far the best roads I have ridden on! I didnt get many pics of the roads, cause I was too busy hogging the twisties

Met up with a coupla buddies from hayabusa.org who were local to the area and they showed me the twisties there. I couldnt meet up with BJ, because he was further South.

Well these are some of the pics I took.

This was on the way to Allison AR

Nice logo on one of the Busas

Finally home;

Bug aftermath!

I will defnitely do a run to Eureka Springs again. Anyone going, please post up.
                              2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                              X