X

Front Tire Removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Tire Removal

I have an "06 katana and im trying to get the front tire changed. Can I just use the center kickstand to remove the front wheel or is there to other equipment needed to hold the bike up.

Originally posted by ddk3434 View Post
    I have an "06 katana and im trying to get the front tire changed. Can I just use the center kickstand to remove the front wheel or is there to other equipment needed to hold the bike up.

you will need to prop the bike under the oil pan to keep the weight shifted to the rear
    unless you can get someone to sit on the passenger seat the entire time
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I put my bike on the center stand, then jack it up under the oil pan or exhaust. I put a block of wood between the jack the bike.
      Extra life.

Comment

↑ Center stand, Jack, block of wood. Just don't Jack it up to high. Keep an eye on it.

Comment

Center stand, heavy toolbox behind bike, tie grab handle to toolbox handle.

Comment

2nd person, centerstand, two car jack stands and a 16 inch plus 2X4 piece of wood. Put bike on centerstand, have friend sit on or press down on rear seat to elevate front, remove front wheel, center the fork ends over the jack stands with the 2X4 as a cushion between the forks and stands. You can raise the stands until the bike is pretty balanced weightwise between the front and rear wheels so there is not much weight on the front forks. I like this method better than the oil pan technique because you are not putting all that weight stress on a single point that was never really made to handle it.

Comment

Many methods to do but I found it safer to use a front stand. I dropped my previous bike while changing front tire on the centerstand. Had to let it lie on it side for a day in fear of damaging front forks while trying to lift back up.(had to get help)

Comment

Working...
              X